Just because I want it

Random things go here

Just because I want it

Post by limdis on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 am
([msg=65275]see Just because I want it[/msg])

Alright, here is what I want to do:

I've never taken a look 'inside' games before, so I need some help from those that know a bit about game hacking. I have/own Diablo 2. There is an audio file that I want. Specifically, from the ACT I zombies. They say "brains." I want to locate and extract that file so I can use it for my text message alert; because how awesome that would be to get a text and brrraaaiiinnnnsssss....
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Just because I want it

Post by ghost107 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:23 am
([msg=65278]see Re: Just because I want it[/msg])

In what I remember Blizzard always stores the media files into mpq archive, I think there are tools out there that reads this kinds of files.

If you want to make a tool to open the mpq files, you will need some assembly and debugging knowledge, to get the decompression algorithm. Or the long way try to create the algorithm with Hexa.

But I think using blizzard files would mean your using copyrighted material.
ghost107
Poster
Poster

Re: Just because I want it

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:16 pm
([msg=65282]see Re: Just because I want it[/msg])

You might want to look up their copyrights on the game, but I "think" you are safe as long as its personal use and you aren't using it on some sort of media that a large group of people partake in. I.E. A radio show. Look it up though.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Return to Off-Topic