Warner Music Group

Random things go here

Warner Music Group

Post by AnonChar3 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 am
([msg=64696]see Warner Music Group[/msg])

I'm a DJ with licenses and permissions from the artists I use. But, every time I put one of my mixes up, the WMG INSTANTLY blocks it. I try to appeal it, no reply. And they've been unresponsive for months since they applied the block...

I don't know about you guys, but who else is just completely 100% done with internet censorship? It really grinds my gears that they can just come in and do that to whomever they-so choose. Whenever they choose.

I will be starting a petition against them. Who is with me?
AnonChar3
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Warner Music Group

Post by Mars7411 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:40 am
([msg=64697]see Re: Warner Music Group[/msg])

I don't think a petition will really do anything.
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:19 am
([msg=64698]see Re: Warner Music Group[/msg])

AnonChar3 wrote:I'm a DJ with licenses and permissions from the artists I use. But, every time I put one of my mixes up, the WMG INSTANTLY blocks it. I try to appeal it, no reply. And they've been unresponsive for months since they applied the block...

I don't know about you guys, but who else is just completely 100% done with internet censorship? It really grinds my gears that they can just come in and do that to whomever they-so choose. Whenever they choose.

I will be starting a petition against them. Who is with me?

While frustrating, this is going to happen more and more. Thank the people who actually use the music without permission and licenses. They are in the majority. I actually read an article the other day where some person makes nature videos and recorded birds and played it during their video and got a violation for it on youtube.

http://www.inquisitr.com/198534/chirping-birds-run-afoul-of-youtubes-automated-copyright-infringing-system/
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by CheeseMan900 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 am
([msg=64699]see Re: Warner Music Group[/msg])

Be persitent try using media outlets like twitter and facebook to formally complian and annoy them. Send at least one letter.
most of all be persistent
CheeseMan900
New User
New User

Post by AnonChar3 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:49 pm
([msg=64707]see Re: Warner Music Group[/msg])

The song that caused the block was "Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Spirits" I mix Dubstep and it was going to be featured on the UKFDubstep YouTube Channel. I just got off the phone with Warner Music Group, I asked them to transfer me to their licensing department, only to be greeted by a voicemail, in-which I left a long, firm, message.

I got permission from Skrillex HIMSELF at his show to use the song! Lol. Unresponsive to my appeal on YouTube for a month now. Made me lose my revenue. If only it weren't illegal to take down the WMG with haxor skillz >:(

@CheeseMan900 - Wow! That's ridiculous! See what this censorship is coming to? I guess corporations own the rights to birds singing? Wow. That just raises my blood pressure! lol
AnonChar3
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:51 am
([msg=64715]see Re: Warner Music Group[/msg])

AnonChar3 wrote:I got permission from Skrillex HIMSELF at his show to use the song! Lol.

Why not just have him give the o.k. to play it?
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by tgoe on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 am
([msg=64718]see Re: Warner Music Group[/msg])

I think you're ignoring quite a few technicalities here.

- WMG blocks you because they don't know who the fuck you are
- A blessing from Skrillex HIMSELF is worth nothing
- I don't think a license to DJ a public show allows you to distribute on the internet

Having said that, I agree with you. Enforcing censorship is probably a waste of resources.
tgoe
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Off-Topic