smartphones

Random things go here

smartphones

Post by Mars7411 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 am
([msg=64324]see smartphones[/msg])

Scientists are figuring out how to create smartphones that can diagnose diseases, would you get one of these smartphones?
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: smartphones

Post by centip3de on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:06 pm
([msg=64334]see Re: smartphones[/msg])

Mars7411 wrote:Scientists are figuring out how to create smartphones that can diagnose diseases, would you get one of these smartphones?


No. I'd like my phones to not know what was going on in my body.

Side note:
You seem to be posting random and somewhat meaningless posts lately, that would be best posted in here.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: smartphones

Post by Dahaar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:02 am
([msg=64410]see Re: smartphones[/msg])

I agree with centipede. First, it doesn't look like a serious question, and second, what do you think can they do? Just detect that you have cancer by being put to your ear?
Dahaar
New User
New User
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: smartphones

Post by Mars7411 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 am
([msg=64414]see Re: smartphones[/msg])

Dahaar wrote:I agree with centipede. First, it doesn't look like a serious question, and second, what do you think can they do? Just detect that you have cancer by being put to your ear?

Of course not, they said the phone can detect diseases with a drop of blood or saliva on the screen. How is it diagnosed? They didn't say.
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: smartphones

Post by centip3de on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 pm
([msg=64420]see Re: smartphones[/msg])

Mars7411 wrote:
Dahaar wrote:I agree with centipede. First, it doesn't look like a serious question, and second, what do you think can they do? Just detect that you have cancer by being put to your ear?

Of course not, they said the phone can detect diseases with a drop of blood or saliva on the screen. How is it diagnosed? They didn't say.


You really should post your sources on these things, otherwise nobody will believe you.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: smartphones

Post by Mars7411 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 pm
([msg=64428]see Re: smartphones[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
Mars7411 wrote:
Dahaar wrote:I agree with centipede. First, it doesn't look like a serious question, and second, what do you think can they do? Just detect that you have cancer by being put to your ear?

Of course not, they said the phone can detect diseases with a drop of blood or saliva on the screen. How is it diagnosed? They didn't say.


You really should post your sources on these things, otherwise nobody will believe you.

OK, here's one of my sources: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... creen.html
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: smartphones

Post by Dahaar on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:29 am
([msg=64454]see Re: smartphones[/msg])

Mars7411 wrote:OK, here's one of my sources: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... creen.html


Okay, now thats better. It actually doesn't as stupid as I originally thought. But still, I doubt that you can detect all diseases just by the electrical signals on the touchscreen. Especially with 100% certainty. It may be useful, but I wouldn't trust it to replace real medical devices.
Dahaar
New User
New User
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)



Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron