Using Ettercap(no results)

Random things go here

Using Ettercap(no results)

Post by kapila on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:26 am
([msg=63864]see Using Ettercap(no results)[/msg])

Hello
I installed bt5 on virtual box and using win7 as host OS, im new to hacking i saw a tutorial on internet on ettercap i used it as it was in that video but the problem is that i found the host and add it to target start sniffing but when i open FB n host machine and enter username/pass ,it is not showing in ettercap.
Also there was a tutorial for app armitage..i started it but it wont start as it is in video there is a dialog box sayin connect to java.net etc etc.....
help me plz to tell exact what should be the problem
kapila
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Using Ettercap(no results)

Post by davywavy on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:02 am
([msg=64387]see Re: Using Ettercap(no results)[/msg])

Hello. I too have this problem. Using ettercap in GUI mode I can get as far as starting sniffing but then nothing else happens. I would like to know how to fix this.
In text mode I have had more success. By using the command sudo ettercap -T -M arp -i wlan0 /target/ /router/ -w test.cap I can capture packets from target and send them to a file. I then use cat test.cap | grep -a http to view it. However, I would like to be able to view passwords and websites visited. I can see the sites but not passwords. Does anyone know how I can view the passwords?
I am using ettercap on Puppy Linux on a live disc.
Thanks.
davywavy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Off-Topic