chess channel now on hts irc

Random things go here

Open Chess Tournament

Post by c0br42 on Tue May 24, 2011 10:07 am
([msg=57699]see Open Chess Tournament[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:Wait is c0br4 some sort of IRC admin now? Looks like I missed out on a lot!

ROFL, no. Well only the admin of #chess i suppose.

On a related note, there will definitely be an upcoming open chess tournament (open means open to anyone connected to the Internet). This tournament will be open to players of all strengths, have a 20 minute time control/per game, be limited to 25 (this number may be reduced) players, and will be hosted on lichess.org

the date of this event is not yet determined but will likely about a week to complete depending on the number of players that compete. If you would like participate please sign up on lichess.org first. Then send the nick name you will be using in the tournament (same as your lichess nick) to htschess.register@gmail.com

The date for the tournament has not yet been determined but will be posted in the forums, on #chess in irc, and sent in a reply email from htschess.register@gmail.com

Feel free to send any suggestions that you may have about the tournament to the above email as well.

-- Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:45 am --

chess tournament will be held on Saturday 7/9/2011
c0br42
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: chess channel now on hts irc

Post by Prince Of The Elite on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:25 am
([msg=61020]see Re: chess channel now on hts irc[/msg])

Can anyone tell me about that chess game developed in Python ?? Actualy I've written a simple chess game in py and I am ready to improve it and contribute. To be honest, I don't know how to make it extchange data with the irc. Don't know much about irc so if anyone may tell me about that and let me know if you still working on developing that game. I'm willing to do something good and learn a bit of course.
~~ ""Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant"" ~~

Prince Of The Elite
New User
New User

Post by JoeyPardella on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:56 am
([msg=61022]see Re: chess channel now on hts irc[/msg])

Prince Of The Elite wrote:Can anyone tell me about that chess game developed in Python ?? Actualy I've written a simple chess game in py and I am ready to improve it and contribute. To be honest, I don't know how to make it extchange data with the irc. Don't know much about irc so if anyone may tell me about that and let me know if you still working on developing that game. I'm willing to do something good and learn a bit of course.

as far as I know cobr4 is the guy you need to talk to.
just go to mibbit.com and join irc.hackthissite.org and join #chess
but I don't know if there's any activity anymore, I haven't been on IRC in ages.
JoeyPardella
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mShred on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:02 am
([msg=61024]see Re: chess channel now on hts irc[/msg])

Prince Of The Elite wrote:Can anyone tell me about that chess game developed in Python ?? Actualy I've written a simple chess game in py and I am ready to improve it and contribute. To be honest, I don't know how to make it extchange data with the irc. Don't know much about irc so if anyone may tell me about that and let me know if you still working on developing that game. I'm willing to do something good and learn a bit of course.

I'm fairly sure that they don't actually have the game intertwined with irc. They just use a third party site.
JoeyPardella wrote:but I don't know if there's any activity anymore, I haven't been on IRC in ages.

Oh there's activity, and you'll find cobra2 pretty easily in #hackthissite or #chess.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by tehbmar on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:38 pm
([msg=77535]see Re: chess channel now on hts irc[/msg])

Actually writing a bot to allow users to play chess could be pretty interesting... I might just have to write something..

-- Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:38 pm --

Actually writing a bot to allow users to play chess could be pretty interesting... I might just have to write something..
tehbmar
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Off-Topic