What's In a Name?

Random things go here

Re: What's In a Name?

Post by Avery17 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:51 am
([msg=46550]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

My friend one day yelled at me calling me avery as a joke randomly and it stuck with me since xD

I also have another nick, hakk3r, that I don't use as much as I used to.
Avery17
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Dwere134 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:00 pm
([msg=46818]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

My name is David Worley. A "fat" kid in my class was quite a jokester and couldn't find anything to make fun of me so he was like "David Worley eh? No man your name's D-Were" and so I've nicked myself as Dwere in a few places. I am Dwere on here as well, as Dwere13, but because of pass issues, and recovery issues, I keep winding up needing to set up new accounts. Yay for fail.

Anyway, the 134 bit comes because I nicknamed myself "Shortoier134" on the game Runescape - my first real online game, so when I was looking for another nick related to Dwere I thought back to Shortoier134 and added the 134. Shortoier came from the fact that I was shorter than all of my friends at only about 4'8" when they were all over 5', and I have a bone disorder called Osteogenesis Imperfecta (Brittle Bones)or OI for short aka "OIer" as people call us.
Dwere (David)
Goatboy wrote:
Dwere wrote:I'm not one to start some branch of religion though. Not my thing.

Of course if you wanted to, you could call it the Davidians!
Dwere134
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Ansikt on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 am
([msg=47240]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

For whatever reason, most of the people I love and cherish call me "FACE." I don't know why, and I can't make them stop. This has been going on for almost a year now, and I respond to it perhaps better than my real name. A Norwegian girl once told me that "Ansikt" is the Norweigan word for FACE. It has a nice ring to it, it's unique, and it sounds like of like "insect."

Also, this is my first post at HTS, I just joined yesterday to try some of the missions.
Ansikt
New User
New User

Post by optix212 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:28 pm
([msg=47435]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

My handle comes from the military, my friends in boot camp called me "Optix" because I was the best expert marksman on the sharp shooters. The 212 comes what battalion I am in. 1st battalion 212th division Aviation Regiment. We mostly work with night vision devices, which is another reason for my handle. My old handle was Brokensw0rd until I got in the military. Brokensw0rd comes off of the movie "Hero" I think. I can't remember.
"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
optix212
New User
New User

Post by G0dl355_Pr0ph37 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:14 pm
([msg=47437]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

I am an Atheist, but I unfortunately live in a small town of Bible humping hicks (not that I have anything against red-necks, just stupid people and bigots). Before people got to know me, they just judged me for what I believe and constantly pointed out that my real name, Malachi, was in the Bible. I had already known about the prophet Malachi so that made it even more annoying when people pointed it out. I sometimes pondered what it would be like if I was the prophet Malachi so it was only natural that I would eventually choose the name Godless Prophet as a screen name in the video games that I play. As for how people think of me, they eventually felt sorry for me and got to know me. From there they realized that I was a fun guy to be around and not just an Atheist.

The reason why I made my screen-name in 1337 speak on HTS is because I thought it would be funny considering the goal of the site.
G0dl355_Pr0ph37
New User
New User

Post by pronky on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 am
([msg=48060]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii im a newbie ..............im glad to being with us......
pronky
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:22 am
([msg=48062]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

pronky wrote:Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii im a newbie ..............im glad to being with us......

I don't like you already.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Goatboy on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:54 pm
([msg=78729]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww yeeeeeaaaa!

Reviving a 3-year+ old thread!

We have new people now that weren't here when this thread was active, and many of the people from back then have moved on, so it feels like a good time to bring this back.

So once again: Explain where you got your name.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by M00rlicious on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:03 pm
([msg=78730]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

M00r as in more. And that's all there is to this story which is hardcore.
M00rlicious
New User
New User

Post by xreaper on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:28 pm
([msg=78731]see Re: What's In a Name?[/msg])

Reaper sounds cool to me,but putting x in front of online username makes you even more cooler :D just joking,
I think It originated like 10 yrs ago when I used to play quake3 and cs 1.5

but I have a problem of using few usernames over the internet but xreaper one of my main ones :)
xreaper
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic