Should I be this paranoid?

Random things go here

Re: Should I be this paranoid?

Post by Charlieace on Sat May 23, 2009 10:01 pm
([msg=24262]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

You have every right to be paranoid, but do not let it overwhelm your life.

The C.I.A who cannot legally operate on its home turf, often does. Assassinations occur from time to time and are made to look like everyday deaths.
The D.O.D possesses a large amount of technology that is incredibly advanced, and of course they use it.
The N.S.A, I'm not too sure about.

But do keep in mind, they are paranoid too. Why else have a satellite that can read the text on a dime?
GET ME OUT OF AMERICA! MOVE ME TO IRELAND! IT LOOKS COOL THERE!

"In a world where stupidity has become the normal, it is better to be strange."

The Internet is my classroom.

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Arhk on Sun May 24, 2009 10:11 am
([msg=24291]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

The_Computer_Wizard wrote:http://tinyurl.com/dhh64k
thats the answer you're looking for

If you ask me I think the fact that, that image got removed so fast is probably the cause of us being watched for some weird reason (^_~).....
~ The 1 in 5 thing is only goes for hackers & that 1 out of every 5 is most likely the guy who didn't know much about what he was doing.... & the other 4 of course fall in to different categories if I were take a wild guess it'd be 1 was 1337 enough to get away with it & the other 3 haven't pulled enough crap to get noticed anyways (strength in numbers....?).
~ For the past centuries there has been secrecy among those in power always trying to keep some knowledge from the general public.... My people *are destroyed for* lack of knowledge.... - *die from* - Hosea 4:6
~ Binary is my acid for the next 5 or so years....
Arhk
New User
New User

Post by fiftysixer on Sun May 24, 2009 11:09 am
([msg=24298]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Should you be paranoid....it all depends what you do and how you do it. We're talking theoretically here, of course.

For the most part, no matter what you're doing, a little common sense goes a long way. Using proxies, not bragging about your 1337 h4x, and clearing all traces that you've even been in a system are good for starters.

As far as CIA/NSA/FBI/Big Brother/Mom/God/Whoever....

The CIA is tasked with gathering and analyzing intelligence (primarily HUMINT, or Human Intelligence, and IMINT, or Imagery Intelligence), as their name so subtly implies. They have about 0.0005% interest in whatever you're hacking into, unless it's their own computers. They're not so much concerned with people as they are with info. It's the FBI's job to catch bad guys.

The NSA is an even less likely candidate - they're primarily tasked with defending the cyber-security of the country, mainly in the fields of cryptography and SIGINT (Signals Intelligence). Unless you're rooting govenment systems right-and-left, they're not gonna care about you.

FBI, on the other hand, is a purely law-enforcement agency. Their job is to find and arrest people who are breaking federal law, ranging from enemy spies (yup, FBI handles that, not CIA) to....hackers. Most hackers who get in trouble with the law get a first-hand look at these infamous Gibsons. But remember - the best way to get in trouble is to do something stupid.

If you're going to get in trouble with the Feds, 99% chances are it's the FBI. But they'll only go after you if you break a federal law, and you leave enough evidence behind for them to track you down and identify you. As I said in the beginning of this post - use some common sense, a lot of stealth, and always hide your tracks.
Big fan of Image
fiftysixer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Arhk on Sun May 24, 2009 4:24 pm
([msg=24307]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Are you serious with the Gibson comment I never thought the government would put actual data like that on the internet you pffft it's good to be paranoid because if you have something on your comp that people want they won't ask they'll just come with attempts in the masses working to break your encryption....
1. The internet isn't safe to begin with
2. They'll be lining up to break your box by the masses if they think it's a challenge or if there's even a hint of risk they'd think it's all apart of the game & sensitive information would be just a bonus for those black hats.
3.When you type anything assume you're being watched because this data is in theory retrievable unless said machines involved in the transfer of information were set on fire (I'm sure the FBI wouldn't hassle Comcast to attempt to do some computer forensics to see your transfers, just to many ).
4. I'm sure there's guys working their butts off to catch one of us crossing some sort of line...

If I may speculate ~ The government comes down on hackers hard because they're so many of us how are they suppose to tell if we're the good guys or bad guys, they most certainly feel intimidated, but c'mon if anyone cared about what they were doing they'd be hacked by now I mean do you here the stunts 14 year olds (14 but I don't do much) are pulling these days hacking paypal accounts 0_0 those movies with the 9year olds hacking were more of a comical thing a couple of years ago but as you can see we're getting nearer to that time. Kids with all that skill & no guidance aren't gonna melt their brains with RS (because by then they probably pwn'd the game & figured out games aren't all that fun, I mean it's just texture 2D I can touch 3D, what am I suppose to do with this...?) they're gonna use their skills to cause mischief they'll give up their ideals of their just children (which they are, only a child does such acts because they're bored) & take them down to the fullest extent of the law. When the real problem is our culture particularly in USA sux messages of fornication blasted into our heads & parents who'd rather be their child's friend. Everything comes to home if you weren't raised right as a child you wont be right as an adult. & if you're currently not being raised right hacking has some serious novelty to you & you just wanna hack this one *PS so bad (*that was me when I was 9)...
P.S. There's no point in being paranoid because the internet ISN'T a safe place. The www wasn't made for transferring sensitive data. If you wanna keep your files safe they're safer in a vault & when they need to be delivered you should do so by hand..
Arhk
New User
New User

Post by Charlieace on Sun May 24, 2009 5:01 pm
([msg=24308]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Let's see if we can trigger anything:

White House
George Bush
Barack Obama
Osama Bin Laden
C.I.A
N.S.A
F.B.I
D.O.D
Nuclear
ICBM
Warhead
North Korea
Iraq
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Israel
Russia
China
Roadside
T.N.T
Bomb
Explosive
Gun
Assassination

Let's see if that does anything... :twisted:

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Arhk on Sun May 24, 2009 5:26 pm
([msg=24310]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Lol shouldn't joke like that around here if we we're like playing around saying we were gonna code some weapon of mass destruction I bet Cheney would be making a visit to all of our houses xD
~ The owl speaks.

~ yeah how you like that FBI guys leavin yah with that ominous message...
Arhk
New User
New User

Post by zenithSmil3 on Mon May 25, 2009 4:49 am
([msg=24334]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Just remember when you walk into an empty room to say "I know you're watching"
Meh.
zenithSmil3
Poster
Poster

Post by Charlieace on Mon May 25, 2009 3:04 pm
([msg=24398]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

i do that constantly, lol.

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Stealth_409 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:10 am
([msg=24856]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Good thing I live in Australia. I won't have to worry about the CIA.
But honestly, I think its all just Government propaganda.
Friendly Fire - isn't...
- quote Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Stealth_409
New User
New User

Post by Charlieace on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:08 pm
([msg=25630]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

wherever you live you have to worry about the C.I.A. they are an international organization based in the U.S. You have more to worry about then we Americans do.

Or am i missing something and the C.I.A can't spy in Australia? Is there a treaty?

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic