Should I be this paranoid?

Random things go here

Should I be this paranoid?

Post by Roza1618 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 pm
([msg=21831]see Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Hey all, I'm a new guy, and I was just wondering, just how much does the CIA monitor private citizens? I heard that 1 in 5 phone calls are recorded by the CIA or something of the sort. Some say they don't monitor us at all, but others say they're watching all the time. Whats true?

Thanks
Roza1618
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Should I be this paranoid?

Post by Dredric1 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:18 pm
([msg=21832]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

none

CIA is not alowed to operate in the united states

FBI , NSA , IRS ,worry about these

and NRS(inside joke like National Retarded Suckers )any polictical figure you dont like
the code for the void exception between the ear brackets
Code: Select all
public static }void(exception x = new exception(null)){

ok my brackets dont realy look like ears.
if you didnt get that it means there is nothing(no brains) between your ears.
Dredric1
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:40 am
([msg=21842]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Although either the CIA or the FBI watch you here...
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by c4p_sl0ck on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:37 am
([msg=21859]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

You should always assume someone is watching to be on the safe side. Don't send something in plain text if you don't want anyone else to see it. Someone might sniff your package and be able to read it.
c4p_sl0ck
New User
New User

Post by aNewHobby4me on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:05 am
([msg=21871]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

c4p_sl0ck wrote:You should always assume someone is watching to be on the safe side. Don't send something in plain text if you don't want anyone else to see it. Someone might sniff your package and be able to read it.

I agree completely. So do some government agencies. So I suppose you should be even paranoid about being paranoid?

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/14/2234253
"To understand recursion you must first understand recursion."
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Post by Heath Winchester on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 am
([msg=21876]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Dredric1 wrote:none

CIA is not alowed to operate in the united states

FBI , NSA , IRS ,worry about these

and NRS(inside joke like National Retarded Suckers )any polictical figure you dont like

I agree that the CIA is not supposed to operate in the Us but that doesn't mean it never does.

Now the FBI, the NSA, and the IRS are allowed to but I don't consider them to be as threatening as the CIA. The CIA is the most powerful and the most technological. I used to want to work for them so I've done a bit of research.

At this present moment in time, I do not believe average citizens are being monitored nor do I think the internet is. But that's subject to change. We do have the technology to do such things. The best way to get over paranoia is to be an active. Find out what's going on and pay attention to what politicians say. And Vote. ;D That's all we got right now and it might be taken away some day so I suggest we use it while we can.

If the internet was monitored do you really think sites like this would be permitted to stay up? And if calls were monitored criminals wouldn't be able to do a damned thing yet people are still dying and banks are still being robbed.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by moonloghtkiller on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:38 pm
([msg=21925]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Lol check out 0:35 in this video. Hilariously related. As for being paranoid, I wouldn't be too worried about it, as long as your not doing anything blatantly illegal... And who does that? :lol:
Setsuna Sa Yori Mo Tooku He
moonloghtkiller
New User
New User

Post by orwell84 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm
([msg=21926]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Let me put it this way: between government agencies like the CIA, the NSA, the FBI and more, there are systems like Echelon, which monitors most of the electronic communication in the world, Carnivore, a system that intercepts email, and Tempest, which can read a computer's display from more than a block away. There are also many keyhole satellites that can see something as small as 5 inches on the ground. Not only that, but there are probably numerous other spying systems that we, the general public, have no idea about. Needless to say, if the government wants to spy on you, they certainly can. The best defence, really, is to not give them a reason to do so. Ironically, I probably did just that with my mentioning of those spy systems before. Whatever; they'll soon realize that I'm nothing important, even if this does catch their attention.
In any case, the idea is not to do illegal stuff, as a few people have said. When you want to hack something, you have to do it on your own machines, or with permission/in a pentest lab. This can get expensive, especially if you're trying to pentest a $10,000 web server. Even though it can get pretty expensive, you just have to figure out a legal way to do it.

EDIT NOTE: I just figured out that Carnivore was abandoned in 2005. Never mind about that one.
Last edited by orwell84 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mens et manus.
orwell84
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 am
([msg=21937]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

What do you be doing that you need to get this paranoid over anyway?
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Heath Winchester on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 am
([msg=21954]see Re: Should I be this paranoid?[/msg])

Maybe he's worried simply because he's associating with a known "hacking" site despite the fact it's everywhere that they don't support illegal activities.

I just find it hard to believe that at this moment we're being watched. Technology has it's limits. Sure the satellite can see your license plate. But it also has to actually zoom in on it. It can't detect a life form and know who it is exactly. It either has to look for it, or find it by accident.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to Off-Topic