Workouts

Random things go here

Workouts

Post by 0phidian on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 pm
([msg=80240]see Workouts[/msg])

Thought I'd make a post just for the sake of conversation. How active are you peoples?

My workouts consist of Brazilian jiujitsu/judo 2-3 times a week and some pushups,situps/ect every now and then. I could never really get into weight lifting, it just seemed too repetitive. Running is alright as long as it's not long distance(over a mile). Someone actually talked me into doing a 5k once and I almost died, but I did manage to finish.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Workouts

Post by pretentious on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:37 am
([msg=80244]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

0phidian wrote:Thought I'd make a post just for the sake of conversation. How active are you peoples?

My workouts consist of Brazilian jiujitsu/judo 2-3 times a week and some pushups,situps/ect every now and then. I could never really get into weight lifting, it just seemed too repetitive. Running is alright as long as it's not long distance(over a mile). Someone actually talked me into doing a 5k once and I almost died, but I did manage to finish.

I don't consider myself that active. Don't really have any conditioned habbits at this point in my life regarding fitness. I have a black belt in karate for what it's worth but that was years ago. I've been wanting to get into BJJ but I havn't found the time between every other thing that I want to do. I am really getting into skateboarding but not that good at it yet.
I'm casually into weight lifting, Own some weights that have enough resistance for most things, joining the gyn never really worked(it's not too hard to commit when your weights are a few meters away). It might be repetative but it does great things for my biology, FEEL THE BURN :twisted:
I tried doing a few k run with a house mate once out of the blue, jeans and flat soled shoes, got 2 k's and figured I'd given it a go. Couldn't walk for a week :cry:
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 am
([msg=80246]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

I consider myself pretty active. I wrestled throughout high school, and have trained in mixed martial arts, wing chun, and some aikido. I don't weight a lot I was around 138lbs in my wrestling days, and I dropped weight down to 130lbs now. I do have an 8 pack, and I'm currently working on bulking up for the summer. I've always been heavy on cardio exercises and was forced to cut weight a lot to weigh in correctly, so I've not really tried bulking before. I currently have a membership at Golds gym and try my best to abide by the following routine
Monday - Shoulders, biceps, triceps
Tuesday - Chest, traps
Wednesday - Off day
Thursday - Upper back, lower back, abs
Friday - Quads, gluts, and calf
Saturday - Off day
Sunday - Forearms, wings, and slight cardio (light day)

I'm thinking about just getting some equipment myself and work out at home.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by 0phidian on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:11 am
([msg=80256]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:130lbs

Pretty close to my weight. Not much considering I'm about 5'11. In fact, I'm dead according to the BMI scale. I've started eating protein bars(cant stand the shakes) lately and have managed to gain a little.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by pretentious on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:53 am
([msg=80258]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

[quote="-Ninjex-"I don't weight a lot I was around 138lbs in my wrestling days, and I dropped weight down to 130lbs now. I do have an 8 pack, and I'm currently working on bulking up for the summer. I've always been heavy on cardio exercises and was forced to cut weight a lot to weigh in correctly, so I've not really tried bulking before.
[/quote]
It's crazy how competetive wrestlers are able to cut and gain like it's no big deal
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Delaney12 on Thu May 15, 2014 4:14 pm
([msg=80728]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

Not as active as I should be because this computer takes up a bit of my time!
Delaney12
New User
New User

Post by learner_0786 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:14 pm
([msg=82107]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

Starting smoking a long time ago.... but then quit

Gained alot after that

Started with my own diet

Lost and gained weight within two years, suffering from yoyo-effect

Now, paying attention to eating lots of proteins combined with cardiac training and weight lifting
Sand over my head?
learner_0786
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:14 am
([msg=82110]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

I'm talking this pretty seriously now.
making sure to eat plenty of callories. Protien too.
Lifting weights, not going crazy but keeping active. Compound movements like squats and i think bench pressing focuses on large muscle groups, which is good for guys just starting out.
If anyone Is really serious about this, I'll(and heaps of other peeps) reccomend myfittnesspal or whatever it's called. Keep track of what you're eating for like a week or 2 just to get an idea of what's going on. What I keep hearing is that you might think you're eating a lot but you're really not so ya, count those calleries.

pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by learner_0786 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:03 am
([msg=82114]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

Well, i can see that ive gained more results from combining training with a more protein like diet. But i think im going to need to workout everyday, i do eat the things you should eat.
Sand over my head?
learner_0786
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
([msg=82116]see Re: Workouts[/msg])

This is pretty far out of my norm (hence the mask), but

Now, you all know I'm not black :/
Right now, I'm up to 145lbs and gaining, I can put up 225 on the bench, and feel I am making progress in a timely manner.
The real key is just heavy lifting, persistence, and eating right. Lots of carbs, protein, and fats. Oh, and working legs with a big muscle group like chest does wonders.

I'm still not near where I want to be. It's not like I'm disappointed with my body, but I would like to be bigger, at least up to 175.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Off-Topic