Music Sharing

Random things go here

Music Sharing

Post by John-Doe252 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:53 am
([msg=76388]see Music Sharing[/msg])

Hey guys!

I like to support the bands I like by buying their stuff. But before I do that I wanna hear through their music. Downloading everything by rapidshare has become incredibly annoying to me.

Which music sharing programs do you use? Anything you can recommend right now?

Johnny
John-Doe252
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Music Sharing

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 am
([msg=76392]see Re: Music Sharing[/msg])

John-Doe252 wrote:Hey guys!

I like to support the bands I like by buying their stuff. But before I do that I wanna hear through their music. Downloading everything by rapidshare has become incredibly annoying to me.

Which music sharing programs do you use? Anything you can recommend right now?

Johnny

Well, eyebrows up, free music downloading is illegal, and we at hts do not really get involved with illegal actions. Now, you always have pandora and some other free music sites out there. That and ummm there are things called torrents you know, but ummm yeah, don't listen to that. Oh and that one thing to convert youtube videos into mp3 files, but ummm disregard that as well...
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by pretentious on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:03 am
([msg=76393]see Re: Music Sharing[/msg])

downloading youtube videos/music is legal isn't it?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:05 am
([msg=76394]see Re: Music Sharing[/msg])

pretentious wrote:downloading youtube videos/music is legal isn't it?

Well, Google own youtube, and if you look at their Terms of Service on section 5.1 it says:
(using code blocks to keep this post from being so large:

Code: Select all
"YouTube hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service, subject to the following express conditions, and you agree that your failure to adhere to any of these conditions shall constitute a breach of these Terms on your part: you agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Player, or other means as YouTube may explicitly designate for this purpose.

"You agree not to access Content for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as intended through and permitted by the normal functionality of the Service, and solely for Streaming. "Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of the material by YouTube via the Internet to a user operated Internet enabled device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be downloaded (either permanently or temporarily), copied, stored, or redistributed by the user.

"You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content."

In addition to breaching the terms of service, downloading it in general can be breaking copyright laws. In a nutshell, if you do not own the piece of property you are downloading, and you do not have permission from the owner, it is copyright. Also, if you do have permission, and you wish to use that material for financial benefits or non personal reasons, you must ask for that granted permission as well.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by John-Doe252 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:39 pm
([msg=76396]see Re: Music Sharing[/msg])

Hmm guys ... thanks for the answers. I really ment my post seriously... I regard it as righteous if I listen to the music and then think about buying it... Just as you can do in a shop... I know from a legal point of view this is different but that's my opinion...

What I wanted to hear was which torrent loaders you would recommend.
John-Doe252
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:44 pm
([msg=76397]see Re: Music Sharing[/msg])

Upon the seas are a bay of pirates.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by John-Doe252 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:58 am
([msg=76399]see Re: Music Sharing[/msg])

Well ;P Thought this might be the right place to ask but I got that probably wrong. Nevermind :)
John-Doe252
New User
New User

Return to Off-Topic