Do you mobile hack

Random things go here

Re: Do you mobile hack

Post by anarchy420x on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:30 am
([msg=76277]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

Cent,

A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by centip3de on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:05 am
([msg=76282]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:Cent,

I'm not saying it's impossible by a long shot, but I know that I, and several other people, can't program/do anything technical for a damn on our phones or tablets keyboards. Once the tablets have a decent keyboard and can use a real OS (i.e. not Android or iOS), then we'll talk.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by counterhash on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:37 pm
([msg=76298]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
anarchy420x wrote:Cent,

I'm not saying it's impossible by a long shot, but I know that I, and several other people, can't program/do anything technical for a damn on our phones or tablets keyboards. Once the tablets have a decent keyboard and can use a real OS (i.e. not Android or iOS), then we'll talk.

You can run a desktop version of every modern linux distro on an ARM processor, and even dual boot it with android and as many other OS's as you can fit on your internal storage. As for the keyboard, we're not quite there yet, but the Surface's keyboard is actually really good. Shame it's Windows RT only.

I think tablets are slowly evolving to the point where they'll transform back into touchscreen laptops.
If you use del \system32\ and not rm - rf / you are quite clearly doing it wrong.
counterhash
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:25 am
([msg=76300]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

There are a fair amount of usb keyboards that work with phones. Unfortunately phone's are kinda slow.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by centip3de on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 am
([msg=76304]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

counterhash wrote:You can run a desktop version of every modern linux distro on an ARM processor, and even dual boot it with android and as many other OS's as you can fit on your internal storage. As for the keyboard, we're not quite there yet, but the Surface's keyboard is actually really good. Shame it's Windows RT only.

I think tablets are slowly evolving to the point where they'll transform back into touchscreen laptops.

With a storage capacity of, what, 32 GB? Well, if you take away the OS you'll probably be left with around 31. Then you take away your tools, and you're probably around 25. Then you factor in a small screen size, fairly slow clock speed (compared to modern equivalents), bad keyboard, small amount of RAM, and you got yourself something I don't want to work on,
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by brutal_hacker on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:59 pm
([msg=76305]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

Of course you can hack with mobiles and especially android systems. Today's mobiles are just like desktop pcs and for people whining about virtual keyboards..... jeez... adapt.

This forums not up to check on technology Im surprised no one has mention zanti on the marketplace (anti networking toolkit) - It will cost you money to sign up to use there servers but just by looking at what you can do you can soon gather enough information to make your own apps for hacking.

As for hiding yourself come on guys:

Step 1 get a pay as you go sim unregistered to an address. Sims are cheap you can pick them up anyways just gotta top up and away you go
Step 2 Get a mobile VPN.

Not exactly rocket science now is it.

Grab yourself an S4 and an android development book and get to work.
brutal_hacker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by centip3de on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:40 pm
([msg=76308]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

brutal_hacker wrote:Of course you can hack with mobiles and especially android systems. Today's mobiles are just like desktop pcs

I have an 8 core, 3.2 GHz CPU in my desktop, I've yet to see a 2.0 GHz quad core cell phone come out. Not only that, but I have a two monitor desktop that both add up to around 45 inches of screen-real-estate total. Once again, this size has been yet to (and most likely never will be) matched by a phone or tablet. I also have 16 GB of RAM in my desktop, whereas the highest I've seen on a smartphone is 2 GB. Then there's my graphics card, the ports available, etc.

brutal_hacker wrote: for people whining about virtual keyboards..... jeez... adapt.

Virtual keyboards are great for average typing, such as texting, browsing the Internet, or even playing some games. However, in my honest opinion, that's all they're good for. They clog up screen real-estate by using them (as they also must be displayed on the screen), cannot be typed on as fast as one can type on a mechanical keyboard, don't display the symbols on the same screen as they other keys (granted you might be able to do a long-press on certain keys and get a symbol, it's still much more efficient to do "Shift+Number"), are often more problematic, as they are software rather than hardware and are at the whims of other software on the system (instances such as: "Oh, that process decided to take all the RAM? Welp, there goes the keyboard.". Or, "That process is lagging about? Well now so is the keyboard.". Or, "Something else taking up the CPU cycle at the moment? Well the because the keyboard is a software interrupt, rather than a hardware interrupt, it's going to loose everything we just typed."), are less accurate, can't be used with all 10 fingers, and are all around worse for technical things that require you to type symbols fairly constantly, and to type for long periods of time.

brutal_hacker wrote:This forums not up to check on technology Im surprised no one has mention zanti on the marketplace (anti networking toolkit)

The fact that the software exists doesn't change much if you can't do anything else on the device. It's cool that you might be able to do some network pentests with it, but how exactly do you plan to use an exploit on a device on that network? Or, how do you expect to write your own code for simple exploits like buffer overflows and then execute it on the

brutal_hacker wrote: just by looking at what you can do you can soon gather enough information to make your own apps for hacking.

I don't think we were all arguing over the plausibility of the software existing and working on a mobile device, but rather would a mobile device be an effective and efficient means of hacking.

brutal_hacker wrote:
As for hiding yourself come on guys:

Step 1 get a pay as you go sim unregistered to an address. Sims are cheap you can pick them up anyways just gotta top up and away you go
Step 2 Get a mobile VPN.

In order to swap out SIM cards, you (as far as I know, anyway) have to buy a phone off-contract. This means paying an upwards of $600 for a top of the line smartphone. On top of that, you would need to get the SIM card, which would be most likely around the $20-$50 range, and then a mobile VPN which would probably be about the same price ($20-$50). That's paying approximately $700 for the ability to hack something on a 4.5 inch screen. If it were me, I think I'd rather get a cheap laptop and pocket the rest for rent.
centip3de

Post by anarchy420x on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 am
([msg=76309]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

Cent, I do agree with what you are saying as far as using a mobile device for you're main base of operations, but that shouldn't exclude it as a strong tool. There are many free wifi places that if you grabbed someone's old phone off the internet, modded it, you could do some you're minor tests, or even exploits with it. Moreover, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to pre load you're phone with common tools and exploits needed.

The bonus to a mobile device is you can walk in to a free wifi store, do some tests or basic exploits, and leave. This gives you increased anonymity, especially if you sell the phone and buy another after a few uses.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:47 am
([msg=76320]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:Cent, I do agree with what you are saying as far as using a mobile device for you're main base of operations, but that shouldn't exclude it as a strong tool. There are many free wifi places that if you grabbed someone's old phone off the internet, modded it, you could do some you're minor tests, or even exploits with it. Moreover, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to pre load you're phone with common tools and exploits needed.

The bonus to a mobile device is you can walk in to a free wifi store, do some tests or basic exploits, and leave. This gives you increased anonymity, especially if you sell the phone and buy another after a few uses.

Yes, but I still think that'd be overly difficult, as in order to mod it, you'd have to spend quite awhile getting it all up to snuff. A computer in a coffee shop would blend in just as well as a phone.
centip3de

Post by counterhash on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:33 am
([msg=76321]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
anarchy420x wrote:Cent, I do agree with what you are saying as far as using a mobile device for you're main base of operations, but that shouldn't exclude it as a strong tool. There are many free wifi places that if you grabbed someone's old phone off the internet, modded it, you could do some you're minor tests, or even exploits with it. Moreover, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to pre load you're phone with common tools and exploits needed.

Yes, but I still think that'd be overly difficult, as in order to mod it, you'd have to spend quite awhile getting it all up to snuff. A computer in a coffee shop would blend in just as well as a phone.

Interesting point, but if you're moving about for whatever reason...

Wait, too many stupid whatifs. If you're pentesting you're probably not going to even be outside your employer's offices or if you're lucky your own house. I'd keep my main pc at home with some really good specs and then just get a notebook with a wifi card. It only needs a physical keyboard, internet (either tethered or cracked), and an ssh connection to your main pc so you can run crackers and other pentesting tools. And then if desperate pull out your phone and ssh in. That's all one really needs.

Oh, and android modding is actually pretty easy. Getting a nexus 7 loaded up with enough tools to break whatever you want would only take a weekend or if you're quick, an afternoon.
If you use del \system32\ and not rm - rf / you are quite clearly doing it wrong.
counterhash
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Off-Topic