Do you mobile hack

Random things go here

Do you mobile hack

Post by Skyfa11 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 pm
([msg=76093]see Do you mobile hack[/msg])

Does anyone use mobile devices for hacking?
e.g. ipad. :?:
Skyfa11
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Do you mobile hack

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:17 pm
([msg=76094]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

Not anyone that I know of. The issue is that it's hard to secure yourself with a mobile device. While using a computer is much easier, and faster.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Skyfa11 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 pm
([msg=76095]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

agreed and the lack of Linux support is a pain :)
Skyfa11
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 pm
([msg=76096]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Not anyone that I know of. The issue is that it's hard to secure yourself with a mobile device. While using a computer is much easier, and faster.

Even if that wasn't an issue, virtual keyboards are a pain in the ass and occasionally don't work at all.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by 0phidian on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:40 pm
([msg=76118]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

Skyfa11 wrote:agreed and the lack of Linux support is a pain :)

Some people actually have gotten backtrack, compiled for arm I guess, installed on their smart phones.

I dont really do anything from mobile, but I do have a nifty networking app on my android (fing), for when I feel like poking around and dont have my laptop with me.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by hellow533 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:00 pm
([msg=76120]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

You can do some neat things from a smart phone, and it looks much less threatening than a laptop.

That being said, I never tried anything with a mobile phone. Apparently, though I'm not sure if it's true, you can send partial requests to websites through a smartphone, doing a more effect dos on your own than 20 lulzsec kids who have no idea what they're doing.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by counterhash on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:26 am
([msg=76258]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

First post (woo!)
Letme give you a quick rundown:

iPads - no way. They don't run linux, jailbreaking is an effort not a simple command using a debug bridge, and even once it's jailbroken the hardware isnt all that good (not to mention Apple are notorious for disabling certain hardware features such as packet injection)

Personally, I use my tablet/smartphone next to me as a companion, as one would while gaming or doing something that needs a second screen. Getting tor is really easy, so I can use it for research, or some simple port scans if I want. There's also some decent suites of exploit apps out there, like dSploit, which has some great features like packet capturing and then packet falsifying.

If you decide to move away from android, though, the linux kernel works fine on ARM and the general rule of thumb with today's tech is if it doesn't utilise the GPU, it'll work the same as your PC. You can run Debian, Ubuntu (both desktop and tablet), Chrome OS and of course, Kali. As whoever it was above me said, it's a lot less suspicious and a lot more portable. Heck, why not setup an ssh link to your desktop to use as a cracker and be done with it?

In terms of phones, I have an 800mHz samsung which is only 100mHz more powerful than the pi, which can run Debian, and has some pretty decent networking suites for it.

Anyway, that's all I really got.
If you use del \system32\ and not rm - rf / you are quite clearly doing it wrong.
counterhash
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:17 am
([msg=76261]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

counterhash wrote:First post (woo!)
Letme give you a quick rundown:

iPads - no way. They don't run linux, jailbreaking is an effort not a simple command using a debug bridge, and even once it's jailbroken the hardware isnt all that good (not to mention Apple are notorious for disabling certain hardware features such as packet injection)

Personally, I use my tablet/smartphone next to me as a companion, as one would while gaming or doing something that needs a second screen. Getting tor is really easy, so I can use it for research, or some simple port scans if I want. There's also some decent suites of exploit apps out there, like dSploit, which has some great features like packet capturing and then packet falsifying.

If you decide to move away from android, though, the linux kernel works fine on ARM and the general rule of thumb with today's tech is if it doesn't utilise the GPU, it'll work the same as your PC. You can run Debian, Ubuntu (both desktop and tablet), Chrome OS and of course, Kali. As whoever it was above me said, it's a lot less suspicious and a lot more portable. Heck, why not setup an ssh link to your desktop to use as a cracker and be done with it?

In terms of phones, I have an 800mHz samsung which is only 100mHz more powerful than the pi, which can run Debian, and has some pretty decent networking suites for it.

Anyway, that's all I really got.

Hey,

First off, welcome to HTS! Secondly, that's a pretty good first post, however, as you can probably tell by the dates of the post, this topic has been dead for awhile. Next time you post in a thread, double check the thread date to make sure it's still an active topic.

Thanks,
~Cent
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Skyfa11 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:09 pm
([msg=76263]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

"its not dead I still check it from time to time"
anyway do you think the hacking world will turn mobile?
Skyfa11
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:11 am
([msg=76264]see Re: Do you mobile hack[/msg])

Skyfa11 wrote:"its not dead I still check it from time to time"
anyway do you think the hacking world will turn mobile?

If nobody replies to a thread in 1-2 months, the thread is dead, it doesn't matter if the OP is around or not. I think the world were turn mobile in terms of laptops, but that's as mobile as it'll ever get.
centip3de

Next

Return to Off-Topic