I want to start a new social network

Random things go here

I want to start a new social network

Post by jsH4cK on Wed May 15, 2013 7:04 am
([msg=75597]see I want to start a new social network[/msg])

I want to make an entirely unique type of social network, this might sound crazy, but Guyzz.. Can you help me with some unique ideas for the site, I mean unique features to add to the site rather than the usual chat,news feed ,forums,blogs kind of stuff.

Any suggestions appreciated.
jsH4cK
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I want to start a new social network

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed May 15, 2013 4:10 pm
([msg=75600]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

Generally when someone decides they want to take something and make a copy of it with new features, they already have the new features in mind. Unless you come up with something that Facebook, Google+, Github, App.net, Instagram, and Pinterest don't have, you're never going to get off the ground.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by mShred on Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 pm
([msg=75606]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

jees faz, no need to be such a damned downer.
^OP, what exactly do you want to have on the site? When it comes to things like this, we don't necessarily want to think about technical details but rather take this on from a business perspective. Who's your target audience? What is essential? What isn't? What can be implemented later?

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by 3vilp4wn on Thu May 16, 2013 3:23 pm
([msg=75615]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

I often have crazy awesome ideas, but then after thinking about them for 15 or so seconds, I'm like, "no market for this, damnit."
I recently did have some ideas for social networks though, they're probably shit, but if you want to know, just ask.

But yeah, your best bet is to make it appeal to a specific audience.
Do not mistake understanding for realization, and do not mistake realization for liberation
Evil Ninja Hackers
???
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

1A4EAMboaXpgvUSmtRbVRqbfJrbyuGhyoo
3vilp4wn
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Thu May 16, 2013 4:46 pm
([msg=75616]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

If serious you don't to let anyone else know about the idea. If you are still research ideas it's best to reword your question(s). Find out what people like and hate about the current available sites. Also you need research previous media sites failed or died. But I can say this my good sir, that you aren't the first to come to hacking website with this exact same idea. Not trying to run you away but unless you are interested in security of such sites, we might not be the best place to assist you in your goals here. 8-)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by mShred on Thu May 16, 2013 7:54 pm
([msg=75624]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

limdis wrote:Not trying to run you away but unless you are interested in security of such sites, we might not be the best place to assist you in your goals here. 8-)

But, we may be able to assist in the security aspect that comes along with it.. Along with the reverse side of that, setting up working servers and whatnot. That would be more of our cup of tea.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by jsH4cK on Fri May 17, 2013 12:37 am
([msg=75627]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

mShred wrote:jees faz, no need to be such a damned downer.
^OP, what exactly do you want to have on the site? When it comes to things like this, we don't necessarily want to think about technical details but rather take this on from a business perspective. Who's your target audience? What is essential? What isn't? What can be implemented later?

my targeted audience is youngsters especially college students. I want to have both entertainment and useful informations also.
I want a user friendly platform where youngsters interact with each other and share their views and thoughts. But I want the whole look and concept of the site to be entirely different from the top notch social networks like fb, twitter, G+ etc. So I just want to to ask you suggestions on how to make something unique.Few unique or 'not so common' features which will make the site interesting and would call for more interaction from the users, for example giving badges and awards for most liked picture/post/articles.Hope it is clear. :mrgreen:
jsH4cK
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri May 17, 2013 4:40 am
([msg=75629]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

jsH4cK wrote:
mShred wrote:jees faz, no need to be such a damned downer.

my targeted audience is youngsters especially college students. I want to have both entertainment and useful informations also.
I want a user friendly platform where youngsters interact with each other and share their views and thoughts. But I want the whole look and concept of the site to be entirely different from the top notch social networks like fb, twitter, G+ etc. So I just want to to ask you suggestions on how to make something unique.Few unique or 'not so common' features which will make the site interesting and would call for more interaction from the users, for example giving badges and awards for most liked picture/post/articles.Hope it is clear. :mrgreen:

Well, the picture rating idea is kind of taken already by myyearbook.com...

I personally, think it would be cool to see a social networking site where users could make videos, tutorials, vlogs, ect, except in a more social way. Almost like youtube, except with a facebook interface if that makes sense. You could add in features like a button to request collaborations with other users, group talks, etc.. Maybe even offer out free software, or links to free software with your own tutorials on how to make videos, etc. This will help boost the amount of content being created. This is just my opinion on something that would probably never get big so, don't take me very serious. Also, keep in mind, the newest upcoming sites all have mobile access, as people like things to be easily ready to access, no matter the circumstances. No one likes to wait for anything anymore, so that is a good thing to note.

As a side note, these forums are ready to the public, and anyone can stumble upon this site and read upon them. Hence, posting information here about the next top generation social site, isn't the best idea imo.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by DrRoach on Sat May 18, 2013 3:59 pm
([msg=75664]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

I personally, think it would be cool to see a social networking site where users could make videos, tutorials, vlogs, ect, except in a more social way. Almost like youtube, except with a facebook interface if that makes sense. You could add in features like a button to request collaborations with other users, group talks, etc.. Maybe even offer out free software, or links to free software with your own tutorials on how to make videos, etc. This will help boost the amount of content being created. This is just my opinion on something that would probably never get big so, don't take me very serious. Also, keep in mind, the newest upcoming sites all have mobile access, as people like things to be easily ready to access, no matter the circumstances. No one likes to wait for anything anymore, so that is a good thing to note.

As a side note, these forums are ready to the public, and anyone can stumble upon this site and read upon them. Hence, posting information here about the next top generation social site, isn't the best idea imo.

Hey Ninjex do you mind if I make a site based on that idea?
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun May 19, 2013 5:14 am
([msg=75672]see Re: I want to start a new social network[/msg])

DrRoach wrote:

Hey Ninjex do you mind if I make a site based on that idea?

Go for it. Just credit the idea, and maybe if it gets huge throw me some $$$ haha
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Off-Topic