29%
Both
18%
I'm a hippy and don't buy into the myth that we need to shower every day
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: when do you shower

Post by pretentious on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 am
([msg=78578]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

the reason I asked is, I'm a night owl and really can't hamdle mornings. I usually have to wake up an hour and a half at least before I have plans, in order to make it to them and even then I'm often late. I've had this issue for a realy long time and the only constant I can put my finger on is the morning shower taking over half an hour because I always lose track of time. I wanted to get an idea of other people's routines and if there was a correlation somewhere. I think I will start having evening showers
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by -Unicod3- on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:46 am
([msg=78579]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

I do a lot of thinking in the shower, there is something about having the warm water over my head that just makes me think. About 12 months ago i put a whiteboard marker and a whiteboard and I write down idea's, revision, or ever work on programming problems I've encountered. Before I did this I would would forget everything I was thinking in the shower. Now I solve all my problems, Even used it for revision and practice while I was learning German. Though it sometimes leads to long showers if you're on a roll.

But i swear by it.
Little by little, one travels far” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
-Unicod3-
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 am
([msg=78580]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

I agree with the running water making me think. It's pretty therapeutic and I lose my usually disciplined head space to random ideas
-Unicod3- wrote:About 12 months ago i put a whiteboard marker and a whiteboard and I write down idea's revision, or ever work on programming problems I've encountered. Before I did this I would would forget everything I was thinking in the shower. Now I solve all my problems, Even used it for revision and practice while I was learning German. Though it sometimes leads to long showers if you're on a roll.

that's actually a pretty badass idea. if you don't need to be at work in 20 minutes :P
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jpmartin on Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:17 am
([msg=78583]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

I think a lot in the shower, as well. It's a really nice place, and I think it's the lack of distractions that does it.
Might have to take up that idea on the whiteboard, or even just use the condensation on the glass to write with :mrgreen:
jpmartin
New User
New User

Post by black_sun on Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:19 am
([msg=78584]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

I am not thinking in the shower. I have my radio turned on and I listen to news or music. But I am NEVER SINGING! xD I am thinking especially in my bed when I should sleep...
Never be afraid to say what you really feel.
black_sun
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:22 am
([msg=78608]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

If anyone is interested, I've decided to start showering in the evening and also the morning, but mostly just to get my hair wet and what not

pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 0phidian on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:37 am
([msg=78640]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

Usually just one a day whenever I happen to wake up, so sometimes morning, sometimes afternoon, but also after workouts. I cant really get away with skipping a day cause my hair gets really oily, even though it pretty short. As far as shaving it's a pain so I just keep a bit of a beard and just trim it every week or two.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by Souen on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:30 am
([msg=79473]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

Generally in the morning for me, but I also like to get one in in the afternoon as well
Souen
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:33 pm
([msg=79474]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

I vote hippy, every two days is more than enough. Also, I usually take twice as long as the rest, so no problems there.

Edit: At both times of day, depends on what I want to do.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rezlets on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:13 pm
([msg=79479]see Re: when do you shower[/msg])

Morning, even though I am absolutely not a morning person, because I have a class at 8 am. :(
Rezlets
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic