best laptop brands/lines

Random things go here

best laptop brands/lines

Post by WallShadow on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:58 am
([msg=77649]see best laptop brands/lines[/msg])

good morning HTS!

just a small survey on what people think is the best/their favorite laptop brands and laptop lines. please state your reasons.

imo: they all suck, some less than others. i got a pretty nice laptop from system76, custom built, and designed specifically for ubuntu. and it was only 1.4k. sleek design, light (unlike asus that builds MONSTEROUS laptops (G series)), the parts aren't the cheapest plastic out there, and everything is easily accessible via the back panels. although the battery life of it is crap compared to other brands, and i still have small issues here and there occasionally, but nothing to stop me from doing work with it.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: best laptop brands/lines

Post by 0phidian on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:08 am
([msg=77653]see Re: best laptop brands/lines[/msg])

I kinda like ASUS, but I dont really have much of brand preference. Just depends on the specs for the price for me.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 pm
([msg=77654]see Re: best laptop brands/lines[/msg])

Brands don't really matter, each one has it's good laptops and each has it's shitty laptops. Beyond that, it also really depends on what you want to do with your laptop (gaming, Linux-ing, programming, etc.).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by WallShadow on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:23 pm
([msg=77657]see Re: best laptop brands/lines[/msg])

hmm, i disagree, it's quite easy to generalize most laptops based on their brand, and beside that is also the line of laptops. yes, it's true that most companies have both great and shitty laptops, though you can still find common elements between the majority of them.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hellow533 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:55 am
([msg=77658]see Re: best laptop brands/lines[/msg])

Dell, I say this mainly because I'm a reseller. Also, because they are pretty damn fair computers. I'm also partial to Symantec for this reason. Also, because Symantec is some pretty damn fair virus protection software.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kataclysmic on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:11 pm
([msg=77714]see Re: best laptop brands/lines[/msg])

Well I work at a small computer company as a Java programmer, and most of our customers like either Toshiba or Asus computers. I personally like the Asus computers as they are both powerful and cheap. For example we have an Asus gaming laptop that was half the price of a worse Alienware laptop. Really just depends on what you want I guess, but Toshiba and Asus are my favorite.
http://lawofcode.com
What will you learn?
Kataclysmic
New User
New User

Post by Lj123123123 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 am
([msg=78075]see Re: best laptop brands/lines[/msg])

Lenovo/ ASUS
Lj123123123
New User
New User

Return to Off-Topic