Cell phone age

EDGE or EVDO? GSM or CDMA? Discuss phone networks and standards here.

Re: Cell phone age

Post by Charlieace on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:12 pm
([msg=20958]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Sorry to beat an old thread.

I think that anyone can have a cell phone, provided they can handle it and won't misuse it. Now the jerks who are "sexting" are the reason kids under 13 have become kind of a "no cell-phone" age. I'm 12 and i constantly use my phone. When i talk to my friend, I do usually text but only for the reason that its cheaper, i have pre-paid (ha!). Are there kids who are too young to have cell phones? Definitley, some 40 year olds can't handle them. I've even seen a 4 year old texting her friends on a cellphone, and her 3 year old brother was texting her right next to her. So it all lays on maturity and responsibility. Besides, with a good enough phone you can hack with it.

-cHarLiEaCe :twisted: :twisted:
GET ME OUT OF AMERICA! MOVE ME TO IRELAND! IT LOOKS COOL THERE!

"In a world where stupidity has become the normal, it is better to be strange."

The Internet is my classroom.

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Heath Winchester on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:53 pm
([msg=21829]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

It doesn't depend on age. It depends on circumstances, situations, and maturity. I didn't have a cellphone until my Senior year in highschool and that was only because my grandmother decided to pay for it all. It was incredibly annoying and got me into a lot of predicaments that could've easily been avoided. I think about 90% of kids shouldn't have a cellphone until highschool. They just aren't mature enough. But if a kid is away from his parents a lot than it's different. It depends on your particular situation.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by moonloghtkiller on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 pm
([msg=21837]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

I personally received my phone at 12. I probably could've gotten along without it for the first year, but at 13 I started doing things and leaving my house with little or no notice, so it was useful that they could get a hold of me. As for emergencies, I've never used it for one, but if I leave homework or something I need at home it's useful.
Setsuna Sa Yori Mo Tooku He
moonloghtkiller
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Telecommunications