Cell phone age

EDGE or EVDO? GSM or CDMA? Discuss phone networks and standards here.

Re: Cell phone age

Post by TheMindRapist on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:15 pm
([msg=18767]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Shino picks up on the fact that godofcereal makes mindless posts.
Image
User avatar
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by Monica on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 pm
([msg=18769]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

@ TheMindRapist: Lawl

@ Shino336: I agree that it does vary by region. I am from Minnesota and live in the suburbs; it is very common for kids from ages 7-15 to have a cell phone.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
User avatar
Monica
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 am
Location: In The Shadows
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by godofcereal on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:59 pm
([msg=18794]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

TheMindRapist wrote:Shino picks up on the fact that godofcereal makes mindless posts.


I prefer to call them boredem posts.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
User avatar
godofcereal
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:11 pm
Location: ireland
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by Shino336 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:46 pm
([msg=19125]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:
TheMindRapist wrote:Shino picks up on the fact that godofcereal makes mindless posts.


I prefer to call them boredem posts.


So basically, you go around the forum... "Ohhhh! This looks interesting," go in, make a post without really thinking much about it, and then just go back and use the excuse later the "you were bored."... Intresting. I've got a friend like that.

But, for the sake of staying mostly on topic, there has been alot of talk of responsiblity, and curcustances, and with the exception of monicas most recent post and one of my owne, the has not been many spesifics about this, so if some of the past posters, or even new ones, the order has nothing to do with prefrence, put some things about this?
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by godofcereal on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:58 am
([msg=19152]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Shino336 wrote:
godofcereal wrote:
TheMindRapist wrote:Shino picks up on the fact that godofcereal makes mindless posts.


I prefer to call them boredem posts.


So basically, you go around the forum... "Ohhhh! This looks interesting," go in, make a post without really thinking much about it, and then just go back and use the excuse later the "you were bored."... Intresting. I've got a friend like that.

But, for the sake of staying mostly on topic, there has been alot of talk of responsiblity, and curcustances, and with the exception of monicas most recent post and one of my owne, the has not been many spesifics about this, so if some of the past posters, or even new ones, the order has nothing to do with prefrence, put some things about this?


No Im on this from my phone most of the time, cant do any missions or the irc.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
User avatar
godofcereal
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:11 pm
Location: ireland
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by Shino336 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 pm
([msg=19200]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:No Im on this from my phone most of the time, cant do any missions or the irc.


I take it your over 13 then... :|
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by godofcereal on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:29 am
([msg=19215]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Shino336 wrote:
godofcereal wrote:No Im on this from my phone most of the time, cant do any missions or the irc.


I take it your over 13 then... :|


You can take it Im 17.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
User avatar
godofcereal
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:11 pm
Location: ireland
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by IncandescentLight on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:46 am
([msg=19218]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Heck, I'm a teen and I don't have a handphone. Simply because I have no freedom. :(
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
User avatar
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by Shino336 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:50 pm
([msg=19285]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

IncandescentLight wrote:Heck, I'm a teen and I don't have a handphone. Simply because I have no freedom. :(

handphone? I assume that you mean cell phone?
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Cell phone age

Post by STUDIOny on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:51 am
([msg=19314]see Re: Cell phone age[/msg])

Monica wrote:Sigh. There is no right or wrong answer for this one. Let me tell you - kids these days try to grow up so fast and just want to be independent. Honestly, I know a couple of 7-year-olds who want cell phones! I even know of a 10 year old who HAS a cell phone. I thought, "Who are they going to call, besides their parents?" LOL.

Anyway, having a cell phone does take some responsibility, which any age, can be learned. A cell phone should be used in case of an emergency, so it's convenient to have one. In my opinion, I think it's a pointless for anyone under 16, especially those without a job, to have a cell phone JUST to talk to friends, to text, etc. Most kids are like that, sadly. Haha.


My nieces are 9 and 12 and have one, big fucking deal.
Its helped them out a few times.

And who cares if its just to talk to friends etc, beats traveling x amount of miles just to do it...
STUDIOny
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Telecommunications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests