Whatsapp works without data plan or credit or wifi

EDGE or EVDO? GSM or CDMA? Discuss phone networks and standards here.

Whatsapp works without data plan or credit or wifi

Post by Downie on Mon May 27, 2013 11:09 pm
([msg=75813]see Whatsapp works without data plan or credit or wifi[/msg])

I have read on the internet and heard from some of my friends that whats app is free for some people without data plan, wifi or credit, I don't think this is possible considering that whats app uses data to transfer things (don't matter how small it uses data) So i am asking do you guys think this is possible or have you done it. I have heard of it mostly on blackberry.
Downie
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Whatsapp works without data plan or credit or wifi

Post by centip3de on Mon May 27, 2013 11:24 pm
([msg=75815]see Re: Whatsapp works without data plan or credit or wifi[/msg])

Downie wrote:I have read on the internet and heard from some of my friends that whats app is free for some people without data plan, wifi or credit, I don't think this is possible considering that whats app uses data to transfer things (don't matter how small it uses data) So i am asking do you guys think this is possible or have you done it. I have heard of it mostly on blackberry.

Taken directly from their site:

" Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends."

You're friends are full of crap.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Telecommunications