Smart Phones...

EDGE or EVDO? GSM or CDMA? Discuss phone networks and standards here.

Smart Phones...

Post by Axiom34 on Sat May 18, 2013 5:57 am
([msg=75655]see Smart Phones...[/msg])

Alright so It's about time for me to upgrade my phone... but I really don't know what phone is best for what I want to do with it. what I'd like to be able to do is use it to link up with my computer and be able to control some of my computer with my phone... my next computer I'm building will be running Windows 7 and possibly Ubuntu as well... I also want to be able to connect online and do all that fun stuff too... I want a phone that is also very customizable... and I don't mean being able to use a bunch of different apps on it... really just looking for something that I can link up with my computer so that I can run stuff on my computer from my phone... anyways if you guys know of anything that might work for me that would be great... and also if you guys wanna share what phones work for you and why that would be cool too...

Thanks...
Axiom34
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Smart Phones...

Post by Assassian360 on Sat May 18, 2013 9:58 am
([msg=75657]see Re: Smart Phones...[/msg])

Personally I use TeamViewer to control all my computers remotely via phone or from any of them. It depends what you mean by link up to your computer, but Team Viewer primarily gives you a view of your desktop and you control it remotely. I know you can get it on Android so you can link it to your account from there, but I'm pretty sure it's available to iOS too.

I'd suggest you look at getting an Android OS based phone; personally I prefer the customisation and options it provides. As for which model I'd suggest you look at some of the most recent models and weigh it against how much you want to pay compared to the raw processing power of the phone. Most of the most recent phones will be similar unless you are doing anything particularly fancy stressing the phone out with something.
Assassian360
Poster
Poster

Re: Smart Phones...

Post by Axiom34 on Sun May 19, 2013 2:08 am
([msg=75669]see Re: Smart Phones...[/msg])

Thanks Assassian360,
I'll check out TeamViewer. And what I mean by link up is basically being able to communicate with my computer by my phone. So being able to transfer data from computer to phone as well as phone to computer while not being in the same place, and like I said being able to run things on my computer from my phone... for example... say I'm out and a friend tells me about some video on youtube I should take a look at, but cause I'm busy I'd like to be able to just tell my computer rip that video off or q it up for me so that it's ready when I get home... another example is when my computer receives and update and needs permission from me to install and restart, I'd like to be able to send that command from my phone so that I don't have to waste time later doing it when I want to use my computer... just stuff like that really. so thats why I'm wondering which phone would be best for me.
Axiom34
New User
New User

Return to Telecommunications