Telecom invoices

EDGE or EVDO? GSM or CDMA? Discuss phone networks and standards here.

Telecom invoices

Post by whitewisdom on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:34 am
([msg=92898]see Telecom invoices[/msg])

Are there any solutions that automate the conversion of telecom paper invoices to electronic ones? My friend is looking for one for her business.
whitewisdom
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Telecom invoices

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:11 pm
([msg=92903]see Re: Telecom invoices[/msg])

Paper to electronic conversion usually uses Optical Character Recognition (OCR). I'd use something like that and run a script on top of that to automatically convert it. If it contains checkmarks, Optical Mark Recognition is also required. I recall the system required for handwritten data is called Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR). As for hardware that does that, no idea, you'd probably need a scanner capable of reading in multiple pages at once. Lastly, bulk image manipulation can easily be done with scripts or if you're not able to use any of that, either Photoshop (paid obviously), GIMP (free, use plugins) or dedicated programs.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by whitewisdom on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:41 pm
([msg=92908]see Re: Telecom invoices[/msg])

That sounds complicated. I did a Google search with the keyword EDI invoice and I somehow ended up here. I'm not sure if this is something like my friend is looking for but it seems like it. I'm going to send her the link and see what she thinks of it. Will send her your advice too. Thank you!
whitewisdom
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:37 pm
([msg=92929]see Re: Telecom invoices[/msg])

To be fair, I have never actually done any telecom paper invoice to electronic conversion. The methods I described are universal and can be used on almost any text. Turn-key solutions I do not have, that's not my expertise nor will it ever be, so your friend is probably better off looking for dedicated software/hardware for this specific problem. I wish you the best of luck with finding what you're looking for.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by standslate on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:30 am
([msg=93172]see Re: Telecom invoices[/msg])

Many business documents can be exchanged using EDI, but the two most common are purchase orders and invoices.
standslate
New User
New User

Post by hichords1934 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:40 pm
([msg=96061]see Re: Telecom invoices[/msg])

Enabling high transformation rates from paper to electronic invoicing.
Checking procedures to change over paper solicitations into electronic organizations have just accomplished critical costs.
hichords1934
New User
New User

Return to Telecommunications