YUMI

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

YUMI

Post by iistapp on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:18 am
([msg=60438]see YUMI[/msg])

Anyone got some experience with YUMI?

I'm using the 0.0.2.6 version, and going use it for installation of different Linux distros, but there is a HUGE list of different things to choose from, so if anyone could care to download it and suggest me what I should start off with that would be great! Or even if anyone have some experience with me tell me what (s)he think I should go for :)

Link to the program I'm talking about:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multi ... b-creator/

Second, is it necessary to download a antivirus scanner for any of the Linux distros out there? If so, any suggestions?
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: YUMI

Post by tremor77 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 pm
([msg=61680]see Re: YUMI[/msg])

For the most part - most people would say that there is no need for an antivirus program on any Linux distro. I managed to get some type of malware once on Ubuntu but it just jacked up Firefox... was either flash or some activeX exploit that reset my homepage to pronz and fired off popups till my crappy P2 box froze up.
tremor77

Post by iistapp on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:23 am
([msg=61796]see Re: YUMI[/msg])

Cheers, good to know.

Found out Linux isn't really my thing unless I really need to use it!
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Post by origamiguy on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:58 pm
([msg=62687]see Re: YUMI[/msg])

i was actually wanting to ask about YUMI also. Can you use a external hard drive partition to use yumi and will yumi format the WHOLE hard drive when you use it...

thanks
origamiguy
New User
New User

Post by iistapp on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 am
([msg=62757]see Re: YUMI[/msg])

origamiguy wrote:i was actually wanting to ask about YUMI also. Can you use a external hard drive partition to use yumi and will yumi format the WHOLE hard drive when you use it...

thanks

I'm not sure if I remember exactly right, but I'm pretty sure YUMI is just a program that you can use to install different OS'es and stuff with on for example an flash drive. It wont wipe anything of it, just add what you choose to install from YUMI.

Just check the link in my first post and you should be able to read up on it. :)
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Return to Operating Systems