fedora 13 modem probs

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

Re: fedora 13 modem probs

Post by FunctionCreep on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:49 am
([msg=40658]see Re: fedora 13 modem probs[/msg])

perlsyntax wrote:I was asking what the gui for the SElinux you where talking about.I been use linux for 12 years when it was red hat and i did try ubuntu 8.0 9.10 and 10.04 and i had prob with the 10.04.

In other news, last time I checked there should be a shortcut under the Administration menu for selinux.

Otherwise do:
Code: Select all
system-config-selinux
as root.
Last edited by FunctionCreep on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free." ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
FunctionCreep
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by OnlyHuman on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:51 am
([msg=40659]see Re: fedora 13 modem probs[/msg])

Oh, sorry about that. My bad. I guess I didn't fully understand the question. I thought you were asking what IS a GUI. Well, I'm stumped on how to help really. I did some searching to see if I could find out more about the card you mentioned, and all I could find was some other person who seems to be having the exact same problem. http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... ob-814504/
Maybe it's a compatability issue. IDK.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Post by FunctionCreep on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:06 am
([msg=40661]see Re: fedora 13 modem probs[/msg])

OnlyHuman wrote:Oh, sorry about that. My bad. I guess I didn't fully understand the question. I thought you were asking what IS a GUI. Well, I'm stumped on how to help really. I did some searching to see if I could find out more about the card you mentioned, and all I could find was some other person who seems to be having the exact same problem. http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... ob-814504/
Maybe it's a compatability issue. IDK.

It appears he "pythonsyntax"(linuxquestions.org) & "perlsyntax" are the same person.

I can't seem to be able to find any specific drivers for your "AmbiCom model AMB8802 pc card modem". It could be that this is a software modem and pretty much windows only (aka. Winmodem) or there's a more generic driver out there that can do the job. In those 12 years of linux usage have you managed to get this modem to work?
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free." ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
FunctionCreep
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by perlsyntax on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:48 am
([msg=40662]see Re: fedora 13 modem probs[/msg])

it works on ubuntu 9.10 i had no probs with it.

-- Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:55 am --

I found driver for my build in modem to work:)
perlsyntax
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Operating Systems