Temp files

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

Re: Temp files

Post by Spectre557 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:07 pm
([msg=29052]see Re: Temp files[/msg])

opticalzoom74 wrote:
Spectre557 wrote:Well done, but it still sounds like you're patching up problems as they appear, not treating the cause. Call me a pessimist, but I don't see a bright future for your poor old Dell D400. There's no telling what kind of further damage the virus(es) did, not to mention any unrelated clutter and fragmentation.

But oh well, it's your computer. Good luck with it :)

Yes it was a bit of a patch job but it worked for now, You are not a pessimist by far but i now have new problems with it, Seeing how the anti-virus deleted a lot of files i now am getting error messages after a restart saying "Error loading C:\Windows\friza.dll The specified module cold not be found also a C:\Windows\etozawufileufi.dll

Any suggestions on getting rid of these errors..??

Look, your choices are either to do a re-install of the operating system, or to patch up each problem individually as it appears. If you choose to do the latter, then you're going to have to rely less on the forums and more on Google, I'm afraid.
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Younix on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:45 am
([msg=29062]see Re: Temp files[/msg])

If you wanna clean temporary files and all that jazz...use CCleaner. It's free. and it works GREAT.

It even fixes registry errors.

When I first came across CCleaner for the first time and used it to clean my mother's computer, it removed over 1GB of useless temp files and fixed over 250 registry errors. I've been using it ever since.

It's a great program for Windows.

This comes straight from their site:

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)

Try it.
-- Normality is just a consensus of opinion.
-- Conformity is the elimination of variables..the absence of choice.
Younix
New User
New User

Post by opticalzoom74 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:46 am
([msg=29117]see Re: Temp files[/msg])

That looks like a promising registry cleaner and i will have to try it, Thanks for all the help
having dial up in your business is like fueling your truck via a small cocktail straw
opticalzoom74
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Operating Systems