Windows 8 problems... (I know, I know...)

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

Windows 8 problems... (I know, I know...)

Post by Abbrenner on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 pm
([msg=79682]see Windows 8 problems... (I know, I know...)[/msg])

It's been so long since I've been here... I forgot my user name and pass lol, so I just made this one.

So here's the situation. I've got a lappy with windows 8.1 I believe. Stupid ass thing about windows 8.*, it doesn't like local accounts. You can make them, but it prompts you to convert to a windows account. So I made myself a local account, said F*** the windows account, I'm gonna do what I want. No problem there.

I let my brother use my lappy (here's where the problem starts), and it prompted him to change my local account into a windowslive or windows.com account or whatever dumb shit it wanted me to do, and he said yes. He took my local admin account and turned it into his personal account. So I logged onto his account (not realizing it used to be mine), deleted it, made a new acc, and logged off. I NO LONGER HAVE AN ADMIN ACCOUNT ON THIS PC.

There has to be some way around this... I have alimited account, there's no system recovery available for windows 8.1, I can't do anything in cmd (no privileges), and I can't even open up control panel without privileges...

I figured if any community knew what to do here, it would be you guys.
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

and please... spare the flaming. I know win 8 blows, and I know I pretty much did this to myself, but don't give me any base64 crap or anything else related (I've spent quit a bit of time perusing the forums in the past hehehehe). I just need some help, and I reeeeaaaaalllly don't want to reinstall windows entirely, as all I have is windows 8 discs, and I cant do that to myself... lol

Thanks again,
the account formerly known as Nostalgiia
Abbrenner
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Windows 8 problems... (I know, I know...)

Post by d1str0 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:28 pm
([msg=79683]see Re: Windows 8 problems... (I know, I know...)[/msg])

I'm just going to say, I like windows 8. As for your issue, you'll have more luck on a windows help site, a windows help forum, or with their own official help. I personally don't know what you should do next.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.

You may also know me as fas
d1str0
New User
New User

Post by Tentra on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 pm
([msg=79686]see Re: Windows 8 problems... (I know, I know...)[/msg])

There's a program called chntpw (Change NT Password) that can reset Windows XP, Vista, 7, and apparently 8, passwords. There is a boot image provided on their website, however there is another project, Trinity Rescue Kit, that includes chnptw, along with a wrapper script that makes resetting Windows passwords much easier than with chnptw alone. You can also enable the built-in Administrator account, or elevate an existing account to an Administrator.

I have used TRK many times in the past and can vouch that it can reset at least up to Windows 7 passwords, some googling leads me to believe it can reset Windows 8 as well.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Post by Abbrenner on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:30 pm
([msg=79720]see Re: Windows 8 problems... (I know, I know...)[/msg])

Tentra wrote: You can also enable the built-in Administrator account, or elevate an existing account to an Administrator.

I have used TRK many times in the past and can vouch that it can reset at least up to Windows 7 passwords, some googling leads me to believe it can reset Windows 8 as well.

Awesome! This sounds exactly like what I need. I've heard of TRK before, I don't know why I didn't think about it before. I still have the "hidden" built in admin account, but I have no way of accessing it.

Thanks a lot man, I'll give it a shot and let you know how it turns out.
Abbrenner
New User
New User

Return to Operating Systems