Campus connection - Blocked ports

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Campus connection - Blocked ports

Post by daedalive on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 pm
([msg=74242]see Campus connection - Blocked ports[/msg])

Hie everyone,

I will be short with you. I need a program that can bypass a blocked port, or something similar. I use to play a game called world of tanks at home, but the campus connection denies me the access to the game server. The only port that is open i believe its 80. I read many topics on different sites regarding this issue, that we...students currently have. I have tried a few VPNs and some port forwarding software, and I managed to play the game using only one program called HotSpot Shield , but the thing is...the ping ingame was huge ..around 500-800, so I abandoned that solution. Now, there must be some talented people among you who can address this issue of mine. I know you each have your life and pretty busy, but I would appreciate the help.

Thanks, :(
daedalive
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Campus connection - Blocked ports

Post by WallShadow on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:41 pm
([msg=74244]see Re: Campus connection - Blocked ports[/msg])

welcome to the HTS forums daedalive,

I'm assuming that you mean that the only destination port that is allowed is port 80, not source port.

If you have a home network anywhere, what you can do is set up a proxy which listens on port 80 and redirects your traffic to your specified server. That way, you can connect to your home network at port 80 and have it redirect your information to one specific server. Its a bit difficult because no one ever does this with world of tanks probably, but its none the less doable.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by daedalive on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:48 am
([msg=74263]see Re: Campus connection - Blocked ports[/msg])

one of my room mates plays World of warcraft and World of tanks, he had the same problem as me, but he found a hack...a program, who care what you call it, the important thing is he can now play very well on this connection. Don't ask me why I don't get the program from him, its a long story. The important thing to know is that i have to do this on my own. Again, I do not look for details from you about networking, or explanations...I just need a name of a hack/program and a link, thats it :)
daedalive
New User
New User

Post by WallShadow on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 am
([msg=74265]see Re: Campus connection - Blocked ports[/msg])

daedalive wrote:one of my room mates plays World of warcraft and World of tanks, he had the same problem as me, but he found a hack...a program, who care what you call it, the important thing is he can now play very well on this connection. Don't ask me why I don't get the program from him, its a long story. The important thing to know is that i have to do this on my own. Again, I do not look for details from you about networking, or explanations...I just need a name of a hack/program and a link, thats it :)

I'm sorry, but without knowing exactly what your campus uses for filtering, we can't give you a specific tool to bypass it. The only thing we could do is google for it and give you any tools we find, but that you can also do on your own.

Also, I think that you're getting wrong idea of how they filter it, they probably have a dozen ports open, but only specific ones, otherwise much of what you have wouldn't work. Its just impractical to block everything besides port 80.

And finally, asking for a one-click hack program isn't "do this on my own".

<3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Networking