Ventrilo.

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Ventrilo.

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm
([msg=72485]see Ventrilo.[/msg])

Hey guys ,

frist off ill like to thank everyone for their help they been amazming so far!

How can i get someone i.p threw ventrilo?

For those of you that don't know what ventrilo is its pretty much the say thing as IRC but alot easier to use.
I always loved computers as a kid But Could never learn how to hack/networking because of my Reading/Writing skills Now im back after a couple of years still not that good But alot better then before! THANK YOU For your help:D
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Ventrilo.

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:01 pm
([msg=72490]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

Cookie2323 wrote:Hey guys ,

For those of you that don't know what ventrilo is its pretty much the say thing as IRC but alot easier to use.

Try using wireshark to sniff the packets on your network. I do not use ventrilo so I am not sure if it will work, but it should.
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:36 pm
([msg=72493]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
Cookie2323 wrote:Hey guys ,

Try using wireshark to sniff the packets on your network. I do not use ventrilo so I am not sure if it will work, but it should.

Thank you. is wireshark used also to get i.p from xbox live? if so i think ur on the right track because as a kid i use to this program used for xbox ect and i would "Send page" in vent and then see who has the most packets on my network and i would get their ip from their. Dose that sound right? "And no i dont rember the program name that why i posted it! :("
I always loved computers as a kid But Could never learn how to hack/networking because of my Reading/Writing skills Now im back after a couple of years still not that good But alot better then before! THANK YOU For your help:D
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:54 pm
([msg=72495]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

Cookie2323 wrote:Thank you. is wireshark used also to get i.p from xbox live? if so i think ur on the right track because as a kid i use to this program used for xbox ect and i would "Send page" in vent and then see who has the most packets on my network and i would get their ip from their. Dose that sound right? "And no i dont rember the program name that why i posted it! :("

Yes, wireshark can sniff packets from Xbox, assuming you have your computer's network set up to be shared, and then have your console's network set up to your computer's. Wireshark scans everything on your network so if your Xbox is part of your network, it should sniff the incoming / outgoing packets.
I am not sure of any "Send page"... Actually, I have a hard time trying to understand what this entire sentence is supposed to mean: " i would "Send page" in vent and then see who has the most packets on my network and i would get their ip from their."
If you could explain that a bit better. I am not sure what the name of the program you used when you was a kid is.
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm
([msg=72496]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
Cookie2323 wrote:Thank you. is wireshark used also to get i.p from xbox live? if so i think ur on the right track because as a kid i use to this program used for xbox ect and i would "Send page" in vent and then see who has the most packets on my network and i would get their ip from their. Dose that sound right? "And no i dont rember the program name that why i posted it! :("

Yes, wireshark can sniff packets from Xbox, assuming you have your computer's network set up to be shared, and then have your console's network set up to your computer's. Wireshark scans everything on your network so if your Xbox is part of your network, it should sniff the incoming / outgoing packets.
I am not sure of any "Send page"... Actually, I have a hard time trying to understand what this entire sentence is supposed to mean: " i would "Send page" in vent and then see who has the most packets on my network and i would get their ip from their."
If you could explain that a bit better. I am not sure what the name of the program you used when you was a kid is.

okay then im pretty sure its about the same thing. and what i mean by send page is in the link below:)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cejdhd&s=6
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 pm
([msg=72497]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

Yes, whenever you interact with them, it should work. Sometimes to be able to get their ip you have to wait for them to send you something instead, same concept though.
Best of luck,
- Ninjex
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:12 pm
([msg=72498]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Yes, whenever you interact with them, it should work. Sometimes to be able to get their ip you have to wait for them to send you something instead, same concept though.
Best of luck,
- Ninjex

hey! ninkex i looked online and i found Wireshark-win32-1.8.4. i download and install it do i have to set it up. Or did it do that it self already?
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 pm
([msg=72499]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

Cookie2323 wrote:hey! ninkex i looked online and i found Wireshark-win32-1.8.4. i download and install it do i have to set it up. Or did it do that it self already?

*Ninjex

If you downloaded and installed it, it should be set up already.
For linux, you just have to boot it up and choose which network you want to scan on.
i.e. wlan0, eth0, lo

Your's may be different if you are on windows, I am not sure how wireshark works, but it should be similar. Opening up command prompt and typing ipconfig can give you some details on your network.

Once you choose your network, there should be a button that will start the scan on the top left near the search box.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 pm
([msg=72500]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
Cookie2323 wrote:hey! ninkex i looked online and i found Wireshark-win32-1.8.4. i download and install it do i have to set it up. Or did it do that it self already?

*Ninjex

If you downloaded and installed it, it should be set up already.
For linux, you just have to boot it up and choose which network you want to scan on.
i.e. wlan0, eth0, lo

Your's may be different if you are on windows, I am not sure how wireshark works, but it should be similar. Opening up command prompt and typing ipconfig can give you some details on your network.

Once you choose your network, there should be a button that will start the scan on the top left near the search box.

im pretty sure its setup by its self on windowxp. http://tinypic.com/r/513878/6 < dose that look right:P Do you know if their anyway i can set it up to only catach Packet coming from a certain thing for explam Ventrilo,Xboxlive Wont be using it for xbox only ventrill!
:geek:
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 pm
([msg=72501]see Re: Ventrilo.[/msg])

Cookie2323 wrote:
im pretty sure its setup by its self on windowxp. http://tinypic.com/r/513878/6 < dose that look right:P Do you know if their anyway i can set it up to only catach Packet coming from a certain thing for explam Ventrilo,Xboxlive Wont be using it for xbox only ventrill!
:geek:

Yeah, that's right.
Try filterning to only UDP. For a more advanced search, I need to know more about the program, which I am not aware of how ventrillo works. All I can say at this point is to just filter it to view UDP packets, and when they send you information, it will probably show the ip under the source port.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Networking