How to Stop a DoS attack help?

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

How to Stop a DoS attack help?

Post by Cookie2323 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:00 pm
([msg=72420]see How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

Hey , i play this online game called Counterstrike and i was just wondering how i can stop a DoS attack.
System use to play game is The Computer.

Thank you for your help:)
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 am
([msg=72443]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

Bump for visibility. I've never played CS and don't know much about it or how it's vulnerable to DoS.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 am
([msg=72444]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Bump for visibility. I've never played CS and don't know much about it or how it's vulnerable to DoS.

Well i dont think that will help. i believe they are flooding me or DoSing me from the game their no wayy they have my ip im pretty sure they are using a scirpt or something. :|
I always loved computers as a kid But Could never learn how to hack/networking because of my Reading/Writing skills Now im back after a couple of years still not that good But alot better then before! THANK YOU For your help:D
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:00 am
([msg=72447]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

My post was to bump this to the main page so others could see this thread. Not in reference to your post.

Why can't you just play against other people or on a different server? How do you know you are being attacked? Symptoms?
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:28 am
([msg=72453]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

Cookie2323 wrote:

Well i dont think that will help. i believe they are flooding me or DoSing me from the game their no wayy they have my ip im pretty sure they are using a scirpt or something. :|

Do you know which port the game is running on?
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:32 am
([msg=72462]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:My post was to bump this to the main page so others could see this thread. Not in reference to your post.

Why can't you just play against other people or on a different server? How do you know you are being attacked? Symptoms?

ohh sorry dude kinda new to all this :D Well everytime i go play in other Server their just always someone that knows how to do it and the game that i play their only like 5Server that people play on Rest is all BOTs. I know im being attacked because my DSL light will go off in the middle of the game , The game will frezze up and when i touch my modem its super hot. And also i soon as i reset my modem (I have a STAICT ip i believe that what u call it) i get a new i.p and my modem cools down and i can play again untill he DoS/Flood attacks me again .

-- Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 am --

-Ninjex- wrote:
Cookie2323 wrote:

Do you know which port the game is running on?

I'm not too sure how would i check that? The Game is Ran Off Steam. :D
I always loved computers as a kid But Could never learn how to hack/networking because of my Reading/Writing skills Now im back after a couple of years still not that good But alot better then before! THANK YOU For your help:D
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:20 pm
([msg=72466]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

I'm guessing you just have an old router. The fact you get a new IP after rebooting means you have a dynamic IP, not static. But that's irrelevant anyways.

Does your modem get really hot when you just download stuff?
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 pm
([msg=72467]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:I'm guessing you just have an old router. The fact you get a new IP after rebooting means you have a dynamic IP, not static. But that's irrelevant anyways.

Does your modem get really hot when you just download stuff?

ohh Dynamic ip Thank you:) , and no its doesn't the only time i noticed it get hot was when i was getting DDOS i believe this girl packected me really hard she ask me if i was ready for it my modem was burning hott. btw its my internet services all their modems are dynamic i.p
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:29 pm
([msg=72476]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

Well, maybe she is flooding you. I, personally, don't know how to solve that. Sorry. Someone else here might have solutions.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Cookie2323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:30 pm
([msg=72487]see Re: How to Stop a DoS attack help?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Well, maybe she is flooding you. I, personally, don't know how to solve that. Sorry. Someone else here might have solutions.

Thank you for your help:) its just really annoying they always do it!!
Cookie2323
New User
New User

Next

Return to Networking