HTS like website for networking

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

HTS like website for networking

Post by Alienor on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:23 am
([msg=71166]see HTS like website for networking[/msg])

Hello,

First of all i want to say that I'm really enjoying this site/forum!

I was wondering if there is any kind of "hts like" website but for networking (wep/wpa,port,backtrack,mitm,...)with tutos,articles and stuff...That would be amazing, if you have any,I'm looking forward to it!

Post the link if it's just a good website about networking but not "hts like" (through hts like would be awesome!)

Thanks and sorry for my english.
Alienor
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HTS like website for networking

Post by limdis on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:52 pm
([msg=71197]see Re: HTS like website for networking[/msg])

I don't know of a site with simulated challenges for wireless hacking. Though that would be pretty cool. The ones I do know of are hack labs with strictly controlled access. I'm sure you frequent the backtrack forums as well yes? Post your questions though if you have them.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by mShred on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 pm
([msg=71237]see Re: HTS like website for networking[/msg])

Yeah hack labs usually are pretty complicated.. I've known a handful of people who 'planned' on trying to set one up, but it never happens. And with that, live networking hack labs are hard to come across. The best experience is the real experience, amirite? Set up a vulnerable server and do work my friend. Hack into your own wifi, DoS your own system, MiTM your own traffic. No substitute like the real thing. But of course, you'll have to get the knowhow from other forums and articles around the interwebz. But we already do that anyway.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by cjf22524 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm
([msg=72139]see Re: HTS like website for networking[/msg])

As far as simulated challenges, I don't know of any. You can however set up your own "challenges" (with all the things that can go wrong your first time, it will be a learning challenge all the same). One website that I basically idolize after this past month is SecurityTube.net. Watch the MegaPrimers and he walks you through (slowly) how WiFi works right down to the byte information of each packet in Wireshark. The only thing you need will be a smart phone (or another computer) and your main station, preferably with backtrack. He uses an external WiFi card, but most laptops will have their own embedded anyways.
cjf22524
New User
New User

Return to Networking