is xp invisible?

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

is xp invisible?

Post by frag0 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:10 pm
([msg=66746]see is xp invisible?[/msg])

yo, me here again, so right now i'm on a lan and im gonna mess with my friends in some ways, but theres a problem! my friend has an xp computer and i cant seem to find him on my ip scans, since he is the only one that has a stationary computer he is the one i want to mess with. is it because im running win 7 that i cant find him or what is it? help plz
frag0
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: is xp invisible?

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:20 pm
([msg=66747]see Re: is xp invisible?[/msg])

frag0 wrote:yo, me here again, so right now i'm on a lan and im gonna mess with my friends in some ways, but theres a problem! my friend has an xp computer and i cant seem to find him on my ip scans, since he is the only one that has a stationary computer he is the one i want to mess with. is it because im running win 7 that i cant find him or what is it? help plz

How are you scanning by ip? What program if any or did you write a script? To answer the main question, no xp isn't invisible by default at least.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: is xp invisible?

Post by mShred on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:46 pm
([msg=66793]see Re: is xp invisible?[/msg])

I doubt that it's invisible.. For some reason, I just have the feeling that you're trying to use Cain and Abel. If XP is stationary, then it may be dependent on how to setup is. If that computer is routed through the router, then you will see his IP there. I know, I've done it before. If it's routed straight into the cable, rather than through a router, then you probably won't be seeing his computer on a router that he isn't connected to.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Networking