need some help kinda fast...

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

need some help kinda fast...

Post by frag0 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:20 pm
([msg=65340]see need some help kinda fast...[/msg])

hello as you are redaing this im probably sitting watching tv... o right i cant! either can i play computer games! cause of problem? my classmate! has been d dosing me for like 3 days an d i have to be quick writing this cuz soon i,ll be down again!
so looking for a way to fight back! running a 10-100 mbits network, live in apartment, need to fight back fast and i want to do some damage to that fucker! he is not just beating me up in school he also bought a d dod botnet client to keep me from internet. and he is doing it because he knows im a computer nerd :( i really need help!
frag0
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: need some help kinda fast...

Post by limdis on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:29 pm
([msg=65341]see Re: need some help kinda fast...[/msg])

First how do you know that is what is happening and that it is who you think it is? Also, no way you are going to be effective at 'black hat vs black hat' in the midst of the attack if you have no idea how to even begin. My suggestion, turn off your router for awhile. Later, start your research.

Also, technically illegal and such. So, you'll have to start another thread about this topic if you want any helpful answers.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by centip3de on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:27 pm
([msg=65350]see Re: need some help kinda fast...[/msg])

frag0 wrote:hello as you are redaing this im probably sitting watching tv... o right i cant! either can i play computer games! cause of problem? my classmate! has been d dosing me for like 3 days an d i have to be quick writing this cuz soon i,ll be down again!
so looking for a way to fight back! running a 10-100 mbits network, live in apartment, need to fight back fast and i want to do some damage to that fucker! he is not just beating me up in school he also bought a d dod botnet client to keep me from internet. and he is doing it because he knows im a computer nerd :( i really need help!

*Hello, *reading, *I'm, *T.V., *Oh, *I, *can't, *Neither, *I, *'Cause, *My, *Has, *DDOSing,*and, *I, *'cause, *I'll, *I'm looking, *Running, * I live, *I, *He, *school, *DDOS, *the Internet, *I'm, *I
/grammarRage

We can't help you counter-attack this guy, sorry, it's illegal. I would suggest just turning off your router for a bit, then most likely find some software to block all incoming packets from a certain I.P. range.

On a side note: I'm not 100% sure on this, but if you're absolutely positive that he's been doing this to you, you might be able to call the cops on him. (If he has a botnet, there is most likely one or more infected computers/servers that he has under control. With some legal shenanigans, it might just be a case. Also, if he's beating you up, that can go for assault.)
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by pretentious on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:24 pm
([msg=65354]see Re: need some help kinda fast...[/msg])

I find these kinds of posts suspicious. What makes you think you need to fight back at his level? If things are as serious as you make them out to be, then you should take it up with the relivant athourities. Teachers, principal, police, magistrate?? Hax0ring him back isn't going to solve your problem
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:41 am
([msg=65364]see Re: need some help kinda fast...[/msg])

I agree with all the 3 posts after the OP.

A) How do you know you are getting ddos'd and from who?
B)We can't help you "counter-attack" the attacker.(start by hiding the target)
C)These posts are suspicious.

It depends if you are on the same LAN or across the internet. If across the internet, social engineer you isp. Make it so they can change your ip but don't tell them the real reason why. If on lan there are more variables. Admin rights, router access, technical knowledge, software.

If you can get on for enough time to post, try figuring out the attack source address/es.

-edit-

Are you the only person that uses the machine in question?
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by d3volution on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:19 am
([msg=65452]see Re: need some help kinda fast...[/msg])

First off why do you need to fight back? Why don't you just prove that you are a 'computer nerd' and block him from 'DDOSing' you, it's an extremely simple thing to do. Are you sure he's DDOSing you? Judging by what you said it sounds very unlikley, other reasons include:

Your ISP has decided to cut off your internet due to the fact you havent payed it and can't afford it.
Your router is unplugged.
Your computer is unplugged.
Your 'bully' cut your telephone line and is pretending he's a super Leet H4x0r as he really has a crush on you and wants to impress you.

Please troubleshoot the above issues before throwing yourself in prison.
d3volution
New User
New User

Thx guys!

Post by frag0 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:43 pm
([msg=65584]see Thx guys![/msg])

hello again i called the police and with some talking i only got him in 22 months of jail and a HUGE pay to me ::)) i got 10.000 dollars !! i know its sad for him but he beat me up and hacked me so he deservs it! anyway right now im wrighting on my new msi laptop :D but anyway thx for telling me not to fight back
frag0
New User
New User

Return to Networking