Setting up small office network

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Setting up small office network

Post by poolplayer30 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:49 pm
([msg=5893]see Setting up small office network[/msg])

My brother's friend is moving in to a new office space. He will have two desktops in the reception area and a laptop in another room which will be his office. These computers will all have to be networked. I looked at the office space today and saw LAN ports in each of the different rooms along with phone jacks. The phone company is coming out on Tuesday to for the phones and I assume for the internet as well. I have a couple of questions. Since she wants to use her laptop I know a wireless router will have to be include in the mix. But where do I set up and this wireless router? Also, in this type of setup to all the LAN ports terminate on the phoneblock. Do I connect the wireless router to one of the LAN ports and disable DHCP on the router? Or this something I ask the phone guy? I apologize in advance if I'm not being clear enough, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks
poolplayer30
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Setting up small office network

Post by thedotmaster on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:07 am
([msg=6233]see Re: Setting up small office network[/msg])

If I were him I'd ask the phone guy, while he's there, to set it up.
If he doesn't and he can't do it himself, he may have to pay a call out charge to have it set up.
I'm sure the man will set it up for you if you ask nicely :P
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Networking