Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections

Post by acrocycle on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:50 pm
([msg=50872]see Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

Lately, I have been playing around with an app called Tor. I use it for proxified browsing. I am just curious if there is a resource out there of proxies. Maybe a list or website dedicated to the use of proxies. All I can find is websites that you goto in your browser and then enter the address you'd like to visit.

Also, does anyone know if most of these proxy servers require you to install software? Thanks!
acrocycle
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections

Post by mShred on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:58 pm
([msg=50873]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

Just do a Google search. Try "Proxy List" or something along the lines. But Tor should be sufficient enough. I prefer to use Tor as it's a lot simpler in Firefox with the Tor button. But proxies do not require installation of any software. You just have to configure your browser settings to connect to the server. Just try Googling it, you'll find what you need.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by acrocycle on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:15 pm
([msg=50904]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

I had originally been putting the address of the proxy websites in the plugin I have for Chrome, Proxy Switchy. I decided to try using IceWeasle and setup the same address. It appears that this whole time I was doing it correctly but the plugin for Chrome doesn't work properly. Thanks for the info.
acrocycle
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:02 pm
([msg=50905]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

I've never used Google Chrome before, but i know with Firefox, you can just enter it manually without having to use any sort of plugin. I think it's the same way for Internet Explorer too. So i'm assuming you could probably do it the same way in Chrome, but don't hold me to that.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by acrocycle on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 pm
([msg=50908]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

With firefox... the plugins seem to work better for using proxies. Chrome has a few very crappy plugins for proxies.You can manually enter the proxy info but I do not want to do that all the time.I switch between using a proxy and not pretty often.
acrocycle
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:59 pm
([msg=50942]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

acrocycle wrote:With firefox... the plugins seem to work better for using proxies. Chrome has a few very crappy plugins for proxies.You can manually enter the proxy info but I do not want to do that all the time.I switch between using a proxy and not pretty often.

That'd make sense, i never really thought of using a plugin. Entering manually is a pretty big hassle. But i think i'm gonna stick with Tor for now :)

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JackomoLight on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 am
([msg=50989]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

Hello guys, I just saw this topic and because I have some problems concerning finding a good proxy server I decided to contribute to the topic a bit more.

I've been playing around in Google for quite a while in struggle to find a reliable, fast and hopefully secure proxy server. But this turned to be a big challenge. None of the servers I've tried are reliable or fast enough(not concerning security for now). So I am decided to ask you how to find a proxy which fulfills the criterion I mentioned above?

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas
JackomoLight
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:56 am
([msg=51021]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

JackomoLight wrote:Hello guys, I just saw this topic and because I have some problems concerning finding a good proxy server I decided to contribute to the topic a bit more.

I've been playing around in Google for quite a while in struggle to find a reliable, fast and hopefully secure proxy server. But this turned to be a big challenge. None of the servers I've tried are reliable or fast enough(not concerning security for now). So I am decided to ask you how to find a proxy which fulfills the criterion I mentioned above?

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas

Next time you should maybe try starting a new topic. But for good fast proxies that are free.. Those are pretty hard to find. At least they are for me. Just do a Google for the proxy lists. You'll find high, anonymous, elite and all those good different types. But it's pretty much trial and error. I remember trying a lot of different proxies until i found one that was fast enough. But the truth is, it's probably pretty hard to find a fast enough one. Just keep lookin around, try a lot of different proxies. Or better yet, look into Tor.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by acrocycle on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:02 pm
([msg=51192]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

JackomoLight wrote:Hello guys, I just saw this topic and because I have some problems concerning finding a good proxy server I decided to contribute to the topic a bit more.

It is good that you replied to this post. I have found some useful information. When I posted this, I was happy with the speed of Tor but kept looking for more options. I finally did a search for "Proxy ip list" (something like that) and found http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/. The IPs that show up can be filtered and sorted and show the connection speed and what not. I am using a few proxies from this list now. They work well. Give it a shot. There is no installation, just edit your proxy settings for your browser or whatever app you are using the proxy for. Tor requires installation and setup but is very easy to do. Have fun with your searching and proxifying!
acrocycle
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:30 pm
([msg=51194]see Re: Proxy Servers For Internet Browsing and/or Other Connections[/msg])

Or host your own with Glype. Ulmb.com has good free hosting. I think they allow Glype.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to Networking