Port forwarding issue.

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Port forwarding issue.

Post by chuiy on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:13 pm
([msg=49377]see Port forwarding issue.[/msg])

hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and im not totally sure how things are done around here, so bear with me :D

But I have just come back into metasploit, and im aware that in order to run the decent pay loads that will reconnect with your computer like a VNC or SMB payload I need to have my ports, as well as theirs, open. However my router, the WRT54Gs router is incapable of portforwarding, and while the option to port forward is there, it wont. I have tried many things, and faield on every account. So as a last resort, Im trying Open VPN. Will using Open VPN allow me to have ports open on the VPN's network? SO i will be able to run metasploit payloads? And if not, what is a paid VPN i could use to achieve this. Normally I'd just go buy one, but since the holidays are getting close, its a family policy you cant buy anything for yourself near christmas. So i'm stuck using a cheapo VPN until now. I hope you guys under stood this question, if not ill reword it, or go back over my issue. Thanks for taking the time to read it. Happy holidays :)
Only your knowledge, and the tenacity of your dreams can limit you.

chuiy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Port forwarding issue.

Post by Goatboy on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:25 pm
([msg=49378]see Re: Port forwarding issue.[/msg])

I'd be pretty hard-pressed to believe that your router isn't functioning properly. It's much more likely that you set something up incorrectly. This is especially true when you have a modem separate from your router. In such a case, you would actually need to port-forward from your modem to your router, then your router to your comp. A better solution would be to put your modem in Transparent Mode. Let us know more about your setup.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Networking