Keylogger

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Keylogger

Post by 1smackdaddy3565 on Tue May 20, 2014 11:10 am
([msg=80850]see Keylogger[/msg])

I have the SSID and the Password to a wi-fi network that my target uses. Is it possible to remotely install a remote key logger via wi-fi??

Thanks
1smackdaddy3565
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Keylogger

Post by -Sandman- on Tue May 20, 2014 11:36 am
([msg=80851]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

Before posting anything, I want to ask you few questions
    Do you know how keylogger works?
    Do you know how Wi-Fi works or know something about TCP/IP?
    What you are going to with the data from the network?

BTW, HackThisSite doesn't support illegal activities.
*sigh*
-Sandman-
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Tue May 20, 2014 6:57 pm
([msg=80855]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

A little premature with the "this is illegal get out" trigger -Sandman-. OP just asked a general question. As long as intent to do something illegal is not stated then further background on motive is not necessary.

OP, yes it is possible. You might want to look into Metasploit.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by 1smackdaddy3565 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:10 am
([msg=80861]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

Well I could say that I'm testing, experimenting, researching, or just that my 14 yr old son has a tablet that I purchased for him and he keeps it locked. Rather than create an trust issue with him I want to monitor his activity before he turns into an Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold. I believe his parents wasn't aware that they were building bombs in their parents garage. Thus going to shoot innocent students and teachers in his high school.

And to answer your question about my knowledge of the programs I inquired about, I am visiting various forums to learn which I believe is supposed to be the original intention of forums, to ask questions and share information.
Personally I was afraid this was going to happen people automatically assuming that i had less than legal intentions, but I can assure you that I would not have registered with my actual name ,actual email address and actual IP had I had illegal intentions.

Now I am going to have to post this on the other question I posted to give an explanation of my intentions.

Thank you for being concerned
1smackdaddy3565
New User
New User

Post by -Sandman- on Thu May 22, 2014 11:29 am
([msg=80892]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

I have seen people who just want to know how to "hack" things without realizing how things work and what will be the consequences of the act they are doing. They just want to show-off.

I initially thought this was one of those posts. So I asked those questions just to be sure. Sorry for being direct or rude. :).
And happy learning :D
-Sandman-
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Thu May 22, 2014 3:17 pm
([msg=80898]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

1smackdaddy3565 wrote:I have the SSID and the Password to a wi-fi network that my target uses. Is it possible to remotely install a remote key logger via wi-fi??

Thanks

If I were truly going to do this, say if my kid had a laptop or tablet and I wanted to get on there.. well, stop.. first things first... maybe I just be a hard ass dad and say "I'm installing your system, as the "administrator" and setting you up as "user". I mean, that's why that system is there in Windows. It's for families who share computers, such that there is document separation and if need be, a user level and an administrative level. You simply install parental controls or key loggers as the administrator initially.. setup that parental monitoring software, then hand the kid the laptop, his username is his name, and he can choose his pwd.

However, back to the question. You could setup your wifi router as an authentication gateway, like you might see in a hotel or hospital that provides wi-fi, you get their login page and have to enter a password in order to proxy out of the network and on to the internets. Well, something like this can have 2 handy uses. 1, limiting his and others access to your wifi. and 2, here is the fun hacky part.. you could setup that login website to deliver a malicious payload, and since it's your wifi network and in order to access the internet it would be oh so easy.. if it were mine, it would be something like this...

"Dear user of my WiFi, if you wish to access the internet, in order to do so you must download and install 'internetaccess.exe' to authenticate your system." internetaccess.exe would obviously do more than authenticate the system to the wifi, of course.. lulz. :ugeek:

Other options, get access to the tablet when your kid is away and doesn't have it. Power up with a bootable media such as a DVD or USB with backtrack or blackbuntu, if you want the best tools installed at the lowest levels you should consider runtime tools that load even before the OS. There are plenty available, just make sure you arent installing a nasty virus on your kids computer that could backfire on you.

-- edit --

found this nice little article with something that made me laugh uncontrollably for a minute...

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/free-parental-control-net-monitoring-netgear/

The screenshot that made me lul hard - can you find it?
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Thu May 22, 2014 10:39 pm
([msg=80911]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:"Dear user of my WiFi, if you wish to access the internet, in order to do so you must download and install 'internetaccess.exe' to authenticate your system."

:D dammit tremor I miss you around here.
But seriously you and I should start up another thread on controlling your home wireless. To include the trolling. :twisted:
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by tremor77 on Thu May 22, 2014 11:51 pm
([msg=80913]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

limdis wrote: :D dammit tremor I miss you around here.

I should be fairly active going forward for a while; I've managed to shuffle around some time and I dropped a time consuming side project that was pretty much eating me alive.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 1smackdaddy3565 on Fri May 23, 2014 11:49 am
([msg=80923]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

-Sandman- wrote:I have seen people who just want to know how to "hack" things without realizing how things work and what will be the consequences of the act they are doing. They just want to show-off.

I initially thought this was one of those posts. So I asked those questions just to be sure. Sorry for being direct or rude. :).
And happy learning :D

No harm no foul :)
1smackdaddy3565
New User
New User

Post by OS_13115 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:22 pm
([msg=81987]see Re: Keylogger[/msg])

I saw mention of Metasploit and Keylogger so I gathered the tools for you to learn more about...it's always about the learning!

NOTE: just because I am posting does not mean I am teaching someone to hack. I encourage everyone to learn...!

so...here are the goodz!

Code: Select all

Matching Modules
================

Name                                                Disclosure Date  Rank    Description
   ----                                                ---------------  ----    -----------
   auxiliary/gather/apple_safari_webarchive_uxss       2013-02-22       normal  Apple Safari .webarchive File Format UXSS
   auxiliary/server/capture/http_javascript_keylogger                   normal  Capture: HTTP JavaScript Keylogger
   post/osx/capture/keylog_recorder                                     normal  OSX Capture Userspace Keylogger
   post/windows/capture/lockout_keylogger                               normal  Windows Capture Winlogon Lockout Credential Keylogger

use msfcli <exploit_name> [mode] to learn about each.
OS_13115
New User
New User

Next

Return to Networking