Beoswer based local web server

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Beoswer based local web server

Post by jeojee on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:14 pm
([msg=79231]see Beoswer based local web server[/msg])

hi guys.....
in our school we interact with a local (intranet) web server(which can not access from outside the network)...and we can get access to it only through internet explorer and cannot use any other browser. Now i hate IE & wana get rid of it. so can i use other browser like Firefox or chrome to get access to the web server.? and can i get access to the web server on my own laptop which is obviously not on the same network at the web server is....can i do that?????? yes..! how?
thanks fr help...
jeojee
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Beoswer based local web server

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:42 pm
([msg=79232]see Re: Beoswer based local web server[/msg])

You might be able to spoof your User Agent to pretend you are Internet Explorer (while using FireFox). As far as accessing it fro the outside network, likely not. Theoretically, you could find a vuln. or way around the firewall that guards your network, but that might be more risky than you're willing to try.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by centip3de on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:28 pm
([msg=79245]see Re: Beoswer based local web server[/msg])

It's also possible that your school either:

A) Has proprietary software going on in the background, that only play nice with Microsoft products (like IE).
B) Has IE configured in a certain way.

Basically, if they are only enforcing IE because they already have proxy (or whatever) settings set up and they don't want to have to give out that information to every kid, then that should be pretty easy to get around. If it's the first one, then you're probably SOL.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Rezlets on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:05 pm
([msg=79247]see Re: Beoswer based local web server[/msg])

In what way does the server refuse to be accessed by other browsers? Does it return an error page? Garbled data? Nothing?
Rezlets
New User
New User

Post by jeojee on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:02 am
([msg=79324]see Re: Beoswer based local web server[/msg])

Rezlets wrote:In what way does the server refuse to be accessed by other browsers? Does it return an error page? Garbled data? Nothing?

In fire fox "server not found" error is showed evry time we try to access it in firefox.... plz remember that it is a local sever within a intranet and we access it by an adress like "https://server/dir" without any dot........
jeojee
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:12 am
([msg=79374]see Re: Beoswer based local web server[/msg])

You might not even have outside network access at all. Try pinging and tracerting to google to see what happens. Also I suggest trying what fas mentioned, spoof your useragent to match IE. Legit ones can be found here.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Return to Networking