thompson router sniffing

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

thompson router sniffing

Post by frag0 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:29 pm
([msg=77747]see thompson router sniffing[/msg])

Hi there folks!
A while ago we got a new thompson TG787 router, and i started to set up my ports and all that. Moving on, i am one of three younger family member so to say ^^ (and i kind off run all the computer shit) . Now back to my question,i am looking for way to sniff information thats coming out and in, since i want to keep check of my younger brothers ^^, now is there any software that you install or is it more complex? thank you for answers :) also, i havent been on here for a looong time, and when i looked at my posts i am almost embarassed of how much of script kiddie i sound like, so please, judge me from this point and forward :) :ugeek:
frag0
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: thompson router sniffing

Post by Kataclysmic on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 am
([msg=77790]see Re: thompson router sniffing[/msg])

frag0 wrote:Hi there folks!
A while ago we got a new thompson TG787 router, and i started to set up my ports and all that. Moving on, i am one of three younger family member so to say ^^ (and i kind off run all the computer shit) . Now back to my question,i am looking for way to sniff information thats coming out and in, since i want to keep check of my younger brothers ^^, now is there any software that you install or is it more complex? thank you for answers :) also, i havent been on here for a looong time, and when i looked at my posts i am almost embarassed of how much of script kiddie i sound like, so please, judge me from this point and forward :) :ugeek:

You could use Wireshark or TCP dump to capture all the packets
http://lawofcode.com
What will you learn?
Kataclysmic
New User
New User

Re: thompson router sniffing

Post by limdis on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:47 am
([msg=77848]see Re: thompson router sniffing[/msg])

If this is your house and all you really want is a list of websites visited, just keep it simple and look into parental control and monitoring software. A lot of them are shadowed and run without the rest of the house knowing it's running as long as you don't block anything.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Return to Networking