Ideas anyone?!

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:50 pm
([msg=79617]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

calebhk98 wrote:What about learning levels for newbies? Where it is before basic and teaches how to do it instead of letting you see how well you are and if you have the know how? That way people will swarm in and let you get a lot more donations. Also .org is supposed to be for teaching sites and this pretty much just test you.

I disagree. First, .org doesn't stand for anything other than "organization" which we are. Second, the site is designed to force the user to learn for themselves. Beating the basic missions is quite easy if you put some effort into it and read everything we provide (hints, clues, descriptions, articles, forums threads, etc). If a user is unwilling to put in the effort to learn, they will not be spoon-fed and they will not do well in NetSec.

Edit: I'm not saying the challenges are perfect. They are far from that. They are old, poorly written in some cases, and often more of a needle-in-a-haystack than intelligent puzzles. At the same time, they are "Missions" not walkthroughs.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by simonsickle on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:40 pm
([msg=79915]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Maybe expand to cell phone hacking/rooting? I think that would be cool
simonsickle
New User
New User

Post by HackNoob592 on Tue May 27, 2014 9:24 am
([msg=81004]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I was wondering if you guys can put like tutorials explaining each course, like html code and stuff like that. for us beginners :P we dont really understand anything of hacking but we really wanna learn, i know im asking for a lot but it would be greatly apreciated! if you cant i understand but thanks for the help!
HackNoob592
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 am
([msg=81005]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

HackNoob592 wrote:I was wondering if you guys can put like tutorials explaining each course, like html code and stuff like that. for us beginners :P we dont really understand anything of hacking but we really wanna learn, i know im asking for a lot but it would be greatly apreciated! if you cant i understand but thanks for the help!

Every mission states what is needed to complete it and gives you resources in doing so. To explain every topic that the missions cover would take a ton of time that we don't really have, which is why we link to outside material.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by cyberdrain on Tue May 27, 2014 3:56 pm
([msg=81007]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

In addition to what Centip3de said, on the main page you can find a section with articles. For almost every mission an article is available with more detailed information.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by learner_0786 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:11 pm
([msg=81612]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Hi,

Maybe its a good idea to have the option to change your posts after submitting?

In several cases i asked questions in forums and pm's, after submitting i wanted to change it so that it would be a better post?

Regards
Sand over my head?
learner_0786
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:12 pm
([msg=81613]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

There's a nice big Edit button to the right of your post, if all goes well.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by learner_0786 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:19 pm
([msg=81614]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:There's a nice big Edit button to the right of your post, if all goes well.

Thanks for the advice :oops:
Sand over my head?
learner_0786
New User
New User

Post by OS_13115 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:36 pm
([msg=81985]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

It would be nice to see a FAQ for posting Articles. Simply include it in either the forum FAQ or to keep things tidy, include it on the 'Submit Article' page. Topic questions and answers about 'When will my article be approved?' would be helpful.

Thanks~
OS_13115
New User
New User

Post by Cattt on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:59 pm
([msg=82253]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I agree. Some interactive tutorials would be SO helpful. I am new to this site and organization, and often find myself stumped on easy levels... I have a basic idea of HTML, I have taken notes and read forums, but actually DOING a what a tutorial says would be much easier than reading the technical stuff. :D
Cattt
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Networking