User Submitted Missions

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Re: User Submitted Missions

Post by rust_2014 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:03 am
([msg=82266]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

Hi
I have a mission/problem,don't know if it can be solved. I would appreciate feedback/possible solutions
There are three numbers generated using an algorithm. Is it possible to find out the algo by analyzing these numbers:
Can the other numbers following this pattern be predicted?
rust_2014
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:56 am
([msg=82271]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

Are these 3, 5, 6 or 10 numbers? If 3, I'm not even going to try.
Free your mind / Think clearly
I use the sarcasm color for both sarcasm and irony
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by MadM0use on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:40 am
([msg=83692]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

rust_2014 wrote:Hi
I have a mission/problem,don't know if it can be solved. I would appreciate feedback/possible solutions
There are three numbers generated using an algorithm. Is it possible to find out the algo by analyzing these numbers:
Can the other numbers following this pattern be predicted?

YES, Its basic black box algebra man :D lol
ill give you a hint to refresh your memory and get you to look it up.

f(x) = ???
f(1) -> 2
f(2) -> 4
f(3) -> 6
const char main[]="\xeb\xfe -> A fully functional program in C";

Books:
http://www.reddit.com/r/hacking/comment ... y_loves_d/
MadM0use
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Dark Star1000 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:16 am
([msg=88587]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:Good, it should be debated. Tutorials aren't all that bad, and it would really get the community going. Most people come to HTS wanting to learn, get told to look it up on the internet, lose all momentum, and quit. If they had tutorials that helped them out, they would probably have a much higher chance of sticking around. I could probably count every fully-active HTS member on my fingers and toes, which is saying quite a bit for this site. Besides, I'd love to get in to those juicy tutorials myself. I'm sure there will be plenty of things to learn that I don't already know.

Just imagine, interactive tutorials followed by missions to complete. It would be magical, and I don't really know of any other sites that have interactive tutorials/missions. It would be a huge stepping stone for HTS. I've brought this up before, but I'd love to see HTS become a community to learn and test your skills, not test your skills after learning elsewhere on the internet. After all, isn't a huge part of HTS based on educating people? What better than with interaction that will keep people interested?

I agree with hellow533. It would be much better if his idea would be implemented as it will make users stick to the site.
HTS users are mostly teenagers who want to learn to hack but they also have to study and so cannot devote much time to finding and learning stuff on other sites and completing mission on HTS.
I joined HTS to learn hacking and hoped to find tutorials and missions based on them.
But i have to learn stuff from other sites. Missions are a great help though.
HTS is good but it would be amazing if we get tutorials on the site itself.
Yet i appreciate the site owner's effort as he puts no ads and runs this site entirely by his money and donations.
The quieter you become the more you are able to hear
Dark Star1000
New User
New User

Post by CryptoMind on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:15 am
([msg=88595]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

I think searching for learning to succeed is two times better than reading how to achieve goals. But, there are some missions that it is almost impossible to understand what to do next. I read topics on forum and get the clue (still don't know how to understand to do those things). I mean, sometimes all we do is following the clues for some reasons and search them on other sites. So, why not to search how to do it on exactly this site?
~"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
CryptoMind
New User
New User

Post by MadM0use on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:50 pm
([msg=88621]see Re: User Submitted Missions[/msg])

limdis wrote:The idea behind the missions is to give you just a snippet of a clue and push you to research topics, not necessarily the exploit itself (well mostly for the basics anyway). We've had a side project on the to do list for a long time now that would explains each mission in detail, with other ways to identify the exploit and from the administrative side, how to protect against it. You would be able to see it after completion of the mission.

Idea: Those that have made their own custom missions, how about you make up a sheet like that? After the challenge is complete you provide a link to full breakdown?

I already do this :D and when the challenge goes unsolved for a REALLLY long time, i make it public in the forums.
const char main[]="\xeb\xfe -> A fully functional program in C";

Books:
http://www.reddit.com/r/hacking/comment ... y_loves_d/
MadM0use
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Networking