Found a trojan

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

Found a trojan

Post by hellow533 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 pm
([msg=65466]see Found a trojan[/msg])

Can somebody look into this for me? Found it browsing my java caches.
(within the trojan)


Google told me nothing.
(edit)
trojan.maljava

Seems somebody used this to capture my keystrokes, lucky for me the only thing they saw me type was my searches for it by the time it activated, as PC Tools Internet Security caught it. (my antivirus, debating on switching to Norton.)
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
User avatar
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Found a trojan

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:41 pm
([msg=65467]see Re: Found a trojan[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:Can somebody look into this for me? Found it browsing my java caches.
(within the trojan)
edited out

Google told me nothing.
(edit)
trojan.maljava

Seems somebody used this to capture my keystrokes, lucky for me the only thing they saw me type was my searches for it by the time it activated, as PC Tools Internet Security caught it. (my antivirus, debating on switching to Norton.)


Hey hellow, not editing it out to be a dick. Not a good idea to have links to mal-ware on the forums. I will PM you the link and address you posted in case that was your only note of it. I would rather have someone post their interest to check it out and then have you PM them the link.
User avatar
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Found a trojan

Post by WallShadow on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:16 pm
([msg=65483]see Re: Found a trojan[/msg])

Hmm, I'd be interested in such a thing. I've been studying various malicious java applets ever since my computer caught a dozen of them somehow. Would you mind sending me the link if you may?
User avatar
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Found a trojan

Post by hellow533 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:48 pm
([msg=65494]see Re: Found a trojan[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:
hellow533 wrote:Can somebody look into this for me? Found it browsing my java caches.
(within the trojan)
edited out

Google told me nothing.
(edit)
trojan.maljava

Seems somebody used this to capture my keystrokes, lucky for me the only thing they saw me type was my searches for it by the time it activated, as PC Tools Internet Security caught it. (my antivirus, debating on switching to Norton.)


Hey hellow, not editing it out to be a dick. Not a good idea to have links to mal-ware on the forums. I will PM you the link and address you posted in case that was your only note of it. I would rather have someone post their interest to check it out and then have you PM them the link.

heh, that wasn't a link to get malware, but instead was a link (you can put in into your own browser and nothing would happen due to the type) within the trojan file.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
User avatar
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Found a trojan

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:02 pm
([msg=65496]see Re: Found a trojan[/msg])

Regardless, we still don't need links TO malware on the forums.
User avatar
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Found a trojan

Post by hellow533 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:05 pm
([msg=65497]see Re: Found a trojan[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Regardless, we still don't need links TO malware on the forums.

I don't think you understand. The link does nothing, it is just a forwarding address that was used to retrieve information from my computer. It's not able to give malware in any way shape or form. In fact, it can't do anything. It has no harm, pros or cons, or any uses at all besides to be used to retrieve information. Like a proxy using exampleproxy.com as a server for you, if you go to it nothing happens. It's not a webpage.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
User avatar
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)



Return to Malware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests