Windows Antivirus Pro

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

Windows Antivirus Pro

Post by Jermand01 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:50 pm
([msg=30837]see Windows Antivirus Pro[/msg])

One of my buddies recently got this piece of malware and called me up. So far... malwarebytes' anti malware has done nothing. batch files and c++ programs are a no go. notepad, run, tsk mgr, cmd, and most other programs are not openable... internet auto redirects to the virus' site. system explorer is working after an hr or so... but not able to find any of the processes that were listed on the net as processes belonging to this virus. Any thoughts would be great as I'm out of ideas. Thanks!
Jermand01
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Windows Antivirus Pro

Post by Goatboy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:53 pm
([msg=30838]see Re: Windows Antivirus Pro[/msg])

Jermand01 wrote:One of my buddies recently got this piece of malware and called me up. So far... malwarebytes' anti malware has done nothing. batch files and c++ programs are a no go. notepad, run, tsk mgr, cmd, and most other programs are not openable... internet auto redirects to the virus' site. system explorer is working after an hr or so... but not able to find any of the processes that were listed on the net as processes belonging to this virus. Any thoughts would be great as I'm out of ideas. Thanks!

I work in the computer lab at my college, and we see this one all the time. This guide fixes it 90% of the time. Let me know if it works.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Re: Windows Antivirus Pro

Post by Jermand01 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:19 pm
([msg=30841]see Re: Windows Antivirus Pro[/msg])

Thanks. :) I tried most of that stuff... didn't really work. Got it off though finally.
Jermand01
New User
New User

Return to Malware