Total Computer Security

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

Total Computer Security

Post by Cyber_Specter on Tue May 05, 2009 6:33 am
([msg=23175]see Total Computer Security[/msg])

First of I'll definitely say I'm inexperienced in security whether it be network or desktop but So id like to know the best way to keep my computer secure from malware Trojans viruses and the like...I employ useful programs like ad aware, spy bot s&d, and avg anti virus but the occasional browser based malware get through. Of course we all know the best way to clean your OS is to do it manually but that is time consuming and i am sure there is a way to keep all the nasty bugs out... I currently don't have a firewall because every time I find one its either pay to use or it ask me to verify every single action i take.

but i digress... what programs should i be using for clean up, what firewalls should i use, and finally i am interested in how to make my ports go into stealth mode preferably without a third party... any help from the community would be appreciated!

I run window xp latest version 3 or later and im on wireless internet
Cyber_Specter
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Total Computer Security

Post by godofcereal on Tue May 05, 2009 9:58 am
([msg=23185]see Re: Total Computer Security[/msg])

You want total security? Unplug your computer, put it in a safe, throw it in the sea. Nothing can get it then.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Re: Total Computer Security

Post by Spectre557 on Tue May 05, 2009 12:49 pm
([msg=23202]see Re: Total Computer Security[/msg])

You should consider moving to Linux; it'd be hard to get a virus if you tried. (Alright, maybe you could, but you'd have to be an idiot to get one usually). Not to mention a huge list of pluses over Windows... but I won't post them here.

Google it!

By the way, if you're not comfortable uninstalling your Windows to make way for Linux, there's a ton of tutorials for partitioning your HD and dual-booting. Or you can stick it on a crappy old machine to test it out. Or you can use a live disc. :mrgreen: Decisions, decisions.
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Return to Malware