How are they getting in?

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

Re: How are they getting in?

Post by bird7727 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:44 am
([msg=17550]see Re: How are they getting in?[/msg])

Just so you know, the same bitch I keep stopping (Trojan.popuper) is always going into my Java input folder. I'm assuming that is to get any information sent through a java login like an online game or something. Is there any way I can set up my firewall to stop it from getting in in the first place? I tried running NMap from my other computer but it says eth4 is not connected or something, so I don't know if any unauthorized ports are open or being watched. Also, is there anything I should watch for with WireShark? It's a fairly cool program but I hardly know what the hell it does, I only know it detects packets going in/out of my computer.
bird7727
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Muskelmann098 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:18 pm
([msg=17567]see Re: How are they getting in?[/msg])

If you're trying to focus on safe surfing, download the WOT(Web of Trust) addon for Firefox. It is based on ratings of fellow users and has good info on almost all websites. It comes up in all google searches and displays a full-screen warning if the site with a nude Lindsey Lohan, Hillary Clinton, Barbara Bush, or whoever is a dangerous site.
You can find more info on the Mozilla addon site.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3456

Other than that I don't have a clue.
Good luck
Muskelmann098
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by bird7727 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:25 pm
([msg=17579]see Re: How are they getting in?[/msg])

I already have WOT and I just downloaded Avast! virus scanner. Well thanks anyway guys. I will keep all of this in mind.
bird7727
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Malware