RxBot

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

RxBot

Post by JMJoe on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:00 pm
([msg=76908]see RxBot[/msg])

So,I want to understand how a bot client works so I started with RxBot.I've read the source code and it doesn't seem that hard to write your own bot client but now I want to see it in action(I want to see how it should work).

I began by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 6,after that I installed the SDK and Service Pack 6.Everything was going well until I got strange errors that I couldn't fix.I uninstalled and installed everything again and the same error.

I was going to test this in a virtual lab which I made.The lab has 2 Windows 7 virtual machines and 1 Windows XP.

If anyone can tell me how to compile the code without errors I will be very grateful.

The errors:
Code: Select all
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT PLATFORM SDK\INCLUDE\iphlpapi.h(183) : error C2065: 'PMIB_ICMP_EX' : undeclared identifier
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT PLATFORM SDK\INCLUDE\iphlpapi.h(183) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'pStats'
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT PLATFORM SDK\INCLUDE\iphlpapi.h(183) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT PLATFORM SDK\INCLUDE\iphlpapi.h(185) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
JMJoe
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Malware