how to hack a folder encrypted with Advanced Folder Encrypti

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

how to hack a folder encrypted with Advanced Folder Encrypti

Post by Powermun50 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 am
([msg=73762]see how to hack a folder encrypted with Advanced Folder Encrypti[/msg])

Recently my son is hidding something from me. He saved some files in my computer's (D) drive's Software folder and encrypted that folder with Advanced Folder Encryption. I formated C drive while installing fresh windows xp but that folder is still encrypted. I am amezed that how powerfull the software is.How it works? Where it stores it password? is there any way to restore the directory without knowing the password?
Powermun50
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: how to hack a folder encrypted with Advanced Folder Encrypti

Post by WallShadow on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:54 pm
([msg=73800]see Re: how to hack a folder encrypted with Advanced Folder Encrypti[/msg])

Powermun50 wrote:Recently my son is hidding something from me. He saved some files in my computer's (D) drive's Software folder and encrypted that folder with Advanced Folder Encryption. I formated C drive while installing fresh windows xp but that folder is still encrypted. I am amezed that how powerfull the software is.How it works? Where it stores it password? is there any way to restore the directory without knowing the password?

drive encryption ciphers work by scrambling the information that you write to disk, and then restoring it when you load it up with the right password. The password won't be stored anywhere (unless your son is an idiot and saved it in a .txt file somewhere), it is read and used directly in the decryption process. There is no way to restore it besides formatting the drive, deleting it (if you have the proper system permissions), or getting the password for it. The easiest way, if you have access to the machine, is to install a keylogger, and then record the password that he inputs. besides that, the only way to unencrypt it is to brute force it which may take months or even years with a good encryption cipher and long enough key.

<3 WallShadow
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Crypto