Need help breaking locked file

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

Need help breaking locked file

Post by _furinax_ on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:46 am
([msg=50391]see Need help breaking locked file[/msg])

Hi Everyone,

Don't worry what the title says, I'm not asking for anything illegal to be done. I'm a programmer but I don't know much about crypto... even so I've recently came up with a method for encrypting files and now want to see how well my method would stand up to people who actually know what they're doing (very much unlike myself).

To prove I'm not just some skid whos stolen a locked archive or something, I'd provide both the original and encrypted version of the file. I basically want to see how easily someone could take my "encrypted" file and return it back into it's original, functional condition. I realize it's a tall order since it's a completely custom method but... let me know anyway. Thanks!
_furinax_
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Need help breaking locked file

Post by fabianhjr on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:39 am
([msg=50394]see Re: Need help breaking locked file[/msg])

So, are you going to post the files?
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by _furinax_ on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:14 pm
([msg=50419]see Re: Need help breaking locked file[/msg])

Sorry about that, wanted to see if anyone was even interested first. You can get some sample files here:

http://code.google.com/p/ascensionsystems/downloads/detail?name=encryptionexamples.zip&can=2&q=

I included originals and encrypted versions. I also included a mp3 and a txt file (the txt because it being human-readable, might make it easier to understand, if at all, the process). Again like I said I don't know a whole lot about this entire subject it's just that this idea makes sense in code, and getting an opinion from someone who does have knowledge would be invaluable. Thanks!
_furinax_
New User
New User

Post by fabianhjr on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 pm
([msg=50428]see Re: Need help breaking locked file[/msg])

So, you basically scramble the order? BTW, this is a weak cryptosystem. Don't use it in the practical world.
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Return to Crypto