Public transport smart card system

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

Re: Public transport smart card system

Post by fishtits on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:40 am
([msg=49976]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

Looks like this thing is just a regular passive RFID tag. Heres another RFID tag
I found another one in my back pocket. I had a bus ticket in there when I put my pants in the wash and the cardboard completely disintegrated leaving only the RFID tag. I'm going to email the company and ask try and get to tell me exactly how these tags work.
fishtits
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Goatboy on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:27 am
([msg=50018]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

fishtits wrote:I'm going to email the company and ask try and get to tell me exactly how these tags work.

It's worth a shot, but don't get your hopes up. They might tell you about the technology, or point you to some articles, but I doubt they will tell you exactly how it works.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by Monica on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:13 am
([msg=50019]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

fishtits, I understand you may be upset because you're not getting replies you're looking for. Just a reminder in case if you get upset, but we're not here to assist you in any illegal activity in any way. Because you are upset, I will assume that you utilize a bus for transportation. I will ask you this and hopefully you no longer will be upset, but have you thought of riding a bike? It'll very much help in your journeys in your foreign country. I will also tell you this -- do some research of your own, preferably on the interwebs, and you will find answers. You no longer will be upset.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:48 am
([msg=50020]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

WTF are you smoking Manica? No where in his posts does it sound like he's upset, only sincerely interested in this technology.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by insomaniacal on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:32 am
([msg=50033]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:WTF are you smoking Manica? No where in his posts does it sound like he's upset, only sincerely interested in this technology.

If you read all her posts made in the last ~36 hours, she's been talking about making people "not upset" near constantly, I'm assuming for teh lulz.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by fishtits on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:48 pm
([msg=50046]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

Monica wrote:fishtits, I understand you may be upset because you're not getting replies you're looking for. Just a reminder in case if you get upset, but we're not here to assist you in any illegal activity in any way. Because you are upset, I will assume that you utilize a bus for transportation. I will ask you this and hopefully you no longer will be upset, but have you thought of riding a bike? It'll very much help in your journeys in your foreign country. I will also tell you this -- do some research of your own, preferably on the interwebs, and you will find answers. You no longer will be upset.

lol. Firstly where did you get the idea I was upset? Secondly I'm not asking for assistance in illegal activities nor am I even implying that I intend on committing any illegal activities. As far as I know they haven't made thoughts illegal yet so I don't think I'm breaking any laws here. As for me riding a bicycle, I don't know if I have the time to cycle 22 miles into college every morning. Just taking the bus I have to leave nearly 2 hours before my classes start. I'll stick to the bus passes for now. If I wanted to get free bus trips I'd just record the bleeping sound the scanner makes when a ticket is scanned. :mrgreen:
fishtits
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:44 pm
([msg=50050]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

As a general rule, you can safely ignore anything Monica says.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:31 pm
([msg=50071]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

fishtits wrote:As far as I know they haven't made thoughts illegal yet so I don't think I'm breaking any laws here.

Good thing too, I'd be in jail so fast, it's not even funny.
I'll stick to the bus passes for now. If I wanted to get free bus trips I'd just record the bleeping sound the scanner makes when a ticket is scanned. :mrgreen:

Now, that is a hacker mentality for ya. :geek:
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by insomaniacal on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm
([msg=50157]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Now, that is a hacker mentality for ya. :geek:

Indeed, I'd be extremely tempted to try that, but ya know, of course I wouldn't do something so immoral.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Monica on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:13 pm
([msg=50179]see Re: Public transport smart card system[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:As a general rule, you can safely ignore anything Monica says.

I understand that some of my posts may make you upset. However, I am here on this particular forum on the interwebs to provide honest and very valuable advice. I empathize with every single user, every DDOS'er, script kiddie, every single bot, spider, and even with normal humans. My advice is only for those that need encouragement and/or assistance, and it no longer will make anyone or anything upset in their journeys.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Crypto