SSL, The Elephant In The Room

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room

Post by d3v11 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:53 pm
([msg=48266]see Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room[/msg])

as if arp poisoning isn't bad enough... i figured it was just a matter or time before someone dedicated the time to write the code for this.
"The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." - Sun Tzu
d3v11
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by thetan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:12 pm
([msg=48267]see Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room[/msg])

Bad enough? I see this as a great thing. Sure it's parasitic but thats the beauty of it. All _great_ systems have parasites.

This is the foundation of evolution, evolve (harden your security) or die and leave the gene pool.

This will coerce web developers and sysadmins to implement end to end encryption as a normal implementation paradigm.

The only question i'm left with is WHY THE FUCK WERENT WE DOING THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by d3v11 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:45 pm
([msg=48269]see Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room[/msg])

I wholeheartedly agree. At the same time i cannot help but face palm because the script kiddies have yet another thing to masturbate over. i hate feeding those fuckers.
"The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." - Sun Tzu
d3v11
New User
New User

Post by thetan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:51 pm
([msg=48270]see Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room[/msg])

d3v11 wrote:I wholeheartedly agree. At the same time i cannot help but face palm because the script kiddies have yet another thing to masturbate over. i hate feeding those fuckers.

>_>

If anything we don't feed them enough, well fed parasites result in more hardened hosts.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tgoe on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:58 pm
([msg=48275]see Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room[/msg])

thetan wrote:
tgoe wrote:lol I officially resign from my post.

I believe this only furthers the confusion.

Yeah, sorry guys, I had a dumb joke/hypothetical about using a tool like idiocy in conjuction with the twitter search api to try to map out online social connections of people around you in a cafe. Somehow I copy->pasted->submitted just that one sentence from vim. When I looked at the thread again, I was overcome with the idiocy^?^?^?^?^?^?irony and turned my computer off.
tgoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 pm
([msg=48280]see Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room[/msg])

tgoe wrote:
thetan wrote:
tgoe wrote:lol I officially resign from my post.

I believe this only furthers the confusion.

Yeah, sorry guys, I had a dumb joke/hypothetical about using a tool like idiocy in conjuction with the twitter search api to try to map out online social connections of people around you in a cafe. Somehow I copy->pasted->submitted just that one sentence from vim. When I looked at the thread again, I was overcome with the idiocy^?^?^?^?^?^?irony and turned my computer off.

Rofl, your fail is even more funny with the backstory. +1

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by thetan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:16 pm
([msg=48282]see Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room[/msg])

I feel your pain tgoe. sanddbox and goatboy had me wondering why my lexer wouldn't compile the other night, turns out emacs != irssi >_<

thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nixor101 on Sun May 01, 2011 12:29 am
([msg=56837]see Re: SSL, The Elephant In The Room[/msg])

Does it work on Linux now?

The Firesheep, that is.
nixor101
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Crypto