Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff

Post by NeoAtHTS on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:59 pm
([msg=36831]see Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
sanddbox wrote:By the way, Goatboy, you messed it up :P

One letter decodes to 'P' instead of 'O'.

/me fixes error and commits Hari Kari to atone for the dishonor

It's "hara-kiri" ;)
Run.
NeoAtHTS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Goatboy on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 pm
([msg=36834]see Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff[/msg])

NeoAtHTS wrote:It's "hara-kiri" ;)

I'm already dead, so let's all just rub it in some more.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by NeoAtHTS on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 pm
([msg=36842]see Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
NeoAtHTS wrote:It's "hara-kiri" ;)

I'm already dead, so let's all just rub it in some more.

I'd like opine that "Hari Kari" doesn't count as a death. LoL :P
Run.
NeoAtHTS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sumusiko on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:40 am
([msg=37904]see Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff[/msg])

Hi guys sorry i havent been very active , but today i decided that i would complete the challenge 6 and i did , i finnaly understood the ascii table and the code , its was fairly easy how could i be sooooooo stupid, anyways i finished it and now i understand more about crypto :3
sumusiko
New User
New User

Post by lord_hondros on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:01 am
([msg=37996]see Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff[/msg])

:O Wow! A post in Cryptography! xP Anyways, good job!
Damagedspy:
Die! Die! Die! let this thread die! This is almost 2 years old!
Stop rising the dead.
/me grabs shotgun and empties it on the thread.
lord_hondros
New User
New User

Post by Orpheus 47k on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:13 pm
([msg=40553]see Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff[/msg])

this forum is sad i thought i be leaning something but no we have people who i think are not even trying to understand what people are telling them even if they are giving him the rule of the encryption.All i want is more advanced encryptions something to make my mind flip is that to much to ask.
Orpheus 47k
New User
New User

Post by msbachman on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:25 pm
([msg=40562]see Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff[/msg])

Orpheus 47k wrote:this forum is sad i thought i be leaning something but no we have people who i think are not even trying to understand what people are telling them even if they are giving him the rule of the encryption.All i want is more advanced encryptions something to make my mind flip is that to much to ask.

That's because back on page 2 it was apparent that sumusiko wasn't that interested in doing that much thinking to understand what people had told him thusfar. Most every thread goes downhill after people start having to deal with lazy/stupid people (he'd be the former...another option might be "young").

Check out this page it will keep you occupied for a while. http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/

Truth be told, with products out now like Truecrypt and Bitlocker (and others), there's ways to encrypt things where in all practicality your data is guaranteed safe provided two things:
a) you choose a good key
b) they don't tear off toe-nails until you tell them the key.

And if you're looking for a decent introduction to this stuff you might try to take a look at some Security+ stuff. I learned a bit about encryption from there. Another place to go is a book by Schneier called "Applied Cryptography," which is math-heavy.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Narphet on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:44 am
([msg=40999]see Re: Need a bit of guidance and guides about encrypting and stuff[/msg])

sumusiko wrote:Hi guys sorry i havent been very active , but today i decided that i would complete the challenge 6 and i did , i finnaly understood the ascii table and the code , its was fairly easy how could i be sooooooo stupid, anyways i finished it and now i understand more about crypto :3
Pardon me whilst I continue pimping Simon Singh. Very recommended if you're interested in crypto.
Narphet
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Crypto