What's the best tunneling service?

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

What's the best tunneling service?

Post by FAT_C0BRA on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 am
([msg=26298]see What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

In your opinion whats the best tunneling service? I've tried using JonDo, which is real decent cuz you connect to multiple servers with lots of other people in it...its like finding a needle in several hay stacks. Also there's a free version.

The only thing I have trouble with is that everything switches to a different language, cuz the server is in a different country. Is there a way to lock the language to english? Im using Firefox.
FAT_C0BRA
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's the best tunneling service?

Post by mischief on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 am
([msg=26299]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

ssh. google it.
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by Schiz0id on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 am
([msg=26300]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

mischief wrote:ssh. google it.

Word.

But please, use a real shell and not putty for windows. :?
Schiz0id
New User
New User

Post by FAT_C0BRA on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 pm
([msg=26340]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

Well Im just looking for opinions from people who have used them. Im trying to shop around and find the best one for my buck.

Im googling it too, but just looking for opinions.
FAT_C0BRA
New User
New User

Post by mischief on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:40 pm
([msg=26346]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

Schiz0id wrote:But please, use a real shell and not putty for windows. :?

hey buddy, don't you hate on putty. let's see you write better software. :p
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by Schiz0id on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:31 pm
([msg=26423]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

FAT_C0BRA wrote:Well Im just looking for opinions from people who have used them. Im trying to shop around and find the best one for my buck.

Im googling it too, but just looking for opinions.

Shop around? It's free man. It just sets up a secure connection between you and a server, and encrypts any data sent across it.
Which prevents it from being sniffed on the network. What exactly are you wanting to accomplish?

-- Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm --

mischief wrote:
Schiz0id wrote:But please, use a real shell and not putty for windows. :?

hey buddy, don't you hate on putty. let's see you write better software. :p

Touché.
Schiz0id
New User
New User

Post by FAT_C0BRA on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:06 pm
([msg=26427]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

Well its for torrents. Its not free for all trials though..I actually got screwed once. long story.
FAT_C0BRA
New User
New User

Post by Schiz0id on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 pm
([msg=26428]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

Well in that case, either find a crack for that program.. which is illegal and I will not talk about any further, or go with ssh. It's not a program like the one you said, it's in every linux distro. You can also use a freeware program for windows called putty.
Schiz0id
New User
New User

Post by FAT_C0BRA on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:50 pm
([msg=26475]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

But doesnt most of these programs have a monthly service charge? If thats the case I dont know of a way to crack something like that, thats "if" i were too in the first place :). But either way Im going to look for something that would only need to pay for once.

I've done some googling and alot of people said putty has alot of holes...its crap according to some of the people who used it.

As far as SSH, isnt that just a protocol? Like TCP/IP? Im still reading up on networking+, but if you were to change protocol, doesnt it screw something up? But maybe not cuz Im sure alot of people are using it soo....but Im going to read more up on it before I blurt out more stupid crap lol. I want to find out of the protocol is free and so on...

Thanks for the info!
FAT_C0BRA
New User
New User

Post by Schiz0id on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:52 pm
([msg=26476]see Re: What's the best tunneling service?[/msg])

FAT_C0BRA wrote:But doesnt most of these programs have a monthly service charge? If thats the case I dont know of a way to crack something like that, thats "if" i were too in the first place :). But either way Im going to look for something that would only need to pay for once.

I've done some googling and alot of people said putty has alot of holes...its crap according to some of the people who used it.

As far as SSH, isnt that just a protocol? Like TCP/IP? Im still reading up on networking+, but if you were to change protocol, doesnt it screw something up? But maybe not cuz Im sure alot of people are using it soo....but Im going to read more up on it before I blurt out more stupid crap lol. I want to find out of the protocol is free and so on...

Thanks for the info!

I am assuming that you are using windows. In linux you have a terminal which is like cmd to windows. Just google SSH Tunneling and you will get a better understanding. Also if you need help with a crack PM me and we can talk about it elsewhere.
Schiz0id
New User
New User

Next

Return to Crypto