RSA, ECB and CBC implementation

The fear of every surveillance society: citizens protecting their own privacy with strong cryptography

RSA, ECB and CBC implementation

Post by vegancoder on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:31 am
([msg=19852]see RSA, ECB and CBC implementation[/msg])

Hello folks,

I am currently studying a Network Man. and Security course and we've been asked to implement RSA encryption using cipher block chaining mode or electronic code block mode.

I have a fair understaning of how RSA works and i reckon that bit is fibe but what im not sure about is how do i get the blocks to encrypt? Im supposed to use 24 bit blocks and have a 7 letter word to encrypt.

So i reckon there will be, with some padding, 3 blocks in total that i need to encrypt.

So far i have been encryptinmg single charcaters and this was easy because i simply converted it into the ascii value and fed it into the encryption function. So im not sure how to encrypt 3 characters at once.

I need to understand how to do this.

Can anyone help?
vegancoder
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: RSA, ECB and CBC implementation

Post by r-ID on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:42 pm
([msg=22750]see Re: RSA, ECB and CBC implementation[/msg])

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_ciph ... _operation

you encrypt 3 chars the same as you encrypt 1 char, you just pass a string to the function and it gets encrypted ;) some encryption modes support streaming, that means encripted string might be different and the result depends on the time you encrypt it.
r-ID
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Crypto